wilderness gathering?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2006
brecon
never been there and at £210 to get me the kids and the wife there +food+petrol its not likley i ever will.
is it worth it ? its going to cost me around £450 for the weekend thats half a fortnights holiday all inclusive to turkey or greece :D dont let your wives read my post or you got no chance lads :D
sorry to be so negative but im just off to builth bike show next week £42 for 4 nights camping live bands till 4 in the morning at 2 different bars comedy bar a stunt show 3 times a day for 3 days maybe not everyone,s cup of tea but i just cant see how £210 is justified in comparison

last year about 400 of us played football in builth main street till 3 police officers turned up and started stealing the balls :D we had like 20 took them hours to get them :D all in good spirits and they did donate the balls they stole :D :eek: :D

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Each to his own mate.....but I know I prefer a weekend in the woods with, contained within the price, access to free training sessions plus endless conversation with bushcraft "professionals" at no extra cost. Pro rata the cost compares more than favourably with an afternoon at a professional football match for example....in fact the cost per hour is way cheaper. I accept it may be different when planning financially as a family venture but the quality of the time I've spent there with like minded people for the last three years has been priceless.. :)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
For everyone who hasnt been before make sure to pick up some buffalo steaks and burgers while you're there, and bring some home with you. They are the biz, butchered on the farm they are virtually fat free and have a taste somewhere between best fillet and venison.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
nickg said:
For everyone who hasnt been before make sure to pick up some buffalo steaks and burgers while you're there, and bring some home with you. They are the biz, butchered on the farm they are virtually fat free and have a taste somewhere between best fillet and venison.

Dont forget the scrumpy!

Ceeg

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
nickg said:

Thanks for the tip nickg. Never tried Buffalo, but I eat just about anything so will definately be up for giving them a try.

Can I have a fire to cook on while I'm there?

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Yes, fires are allowed (though they may be restricted to the woodland area, I'm not sure). Firewood is supplied as well.

A

AndyM

Hi everyone, this year will be my first trip to the wilderness gathering and I cannot wait! After reading other postings on previous years I'm even more keen to go. What time does it start on the Friday?? I'll be taking just a hammock and tarp, any good spots to look out for?
See you all there in September!
Andy

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hello AndyM, welcome to the site.

Hey, why not post on the intro/welcome slot and tell us a bit more about yourself?

Regarding the WG:

IIRC its open to the mob at 1500 ish.

A good place to pitch, is within 150 metres of where my missis will be.
She manages to attract all the biting insects within that radius! so you,ll be guaranteed a bug-free kip.

Ceeg

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
hi me and my dad are comeing down from cumbria can't get friday off work we will have to drive down sat hope to be there for 1200 it says with the tickets ya can't stop sun night- dos anybody know somewhere we can camp -somewhere near so we can drive back on mon ? hope to see you all there sorry i found out you can stop on sunday night you have to ask the site owners (thanks roger) however it dos say depart sun night with the tickets :confused: thanks for the replys

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm really looking forward to this one, it will be great to see so many old friends.
I know that there will be more classes this year, so that people have more choice and the popular classes will be less crowded.
It is my favourite event of the year, I usually miss all the classes but end up talking to so many good people :)
Neil

Aug 20, 2006
Tyne & Wear
hi there I've just joined BCUK and I'm travelling down to this years wilderness gather from the North East, I'm really looking forward to it :)
Anybody heading down from/through my neck of the woods that would be prepared to give a lift in exchange for some petrol money and company along the way? better for the environment and cheaper all 'round :)
Hope to see y'all there
best regards
Richard

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I'd like to pop down for Saturday, but I'm off on a canoeing expedition to the wilds of Norway on Sunday, so not sure I'll make it.
Cheers
Rich

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Just fossicking through the WG threads, it looks like upwards of 30 BCUK members threaten to turn up at this years event.......

If we,re all going to be yarning , there wont be any time left to go on the courses!

Anybody got a pad of post-its?

Ceeg

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Does anyone know if there is a bnb or small campsite within walking distance of the farm if I was to travel up the night before?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Seagull said:
Just fossicking through the WG threads, it looks like upwards of 30 BCUK members threaten to turn up at this years event.......

If we,re all going to be yarning , there wont be any time left to go on the courses!

Anybody got a pad of post-its?

Ceeg

Ceeg, I'm on the BisonBushcraft stand, please come and make yourself known, its always great to meet other forum users, last year most were far too shy!
N

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE