Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Just had email from wild stoves saying they are back in stock. Got a discount for being on the mailing list so ordered one today. The potholder has been completley redesigned to a clip in wire set up, so now cooking with crusader cups or awkward sized pots can now be done without them wobbling about, pictures are on website http://wildstoves.co.uk/wood-cooking-stoves/wood-gas-camping-stoves/new-wood-gas-stove/. Its now the MKIIt.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Just had email from wild stoves saying they are back in stock. Got a discount for being on the mailing list so ordered one today. The potholder has been completley redesigned to a clip in wire set up, so now cooking with crusader cups or awkward sized pots can now be done without them wobbling about, pictures are on website http://wildstoves.co.uk/wood-cooking-stoves/wood-gas-camping-stoves/new-wood-gas-stove/. Its now the MKIIt.

Well that explains why the old ones were being flogged off cheap. That new pot stand's an interesting design - looks a little over engineered to me - probably so it packs up small I guess, but I can't help thinking it could've been much simpler.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well that explains why the old ones were being flogged off cheap. That new pot stand's an interesting design - looks a little over engineered to me - probably so it packs up small I guess, but I can't help thinking it could've been much simpler.

Agreed, guess if it makes life easier with smaller pots it'll be worth it. I reckon they should call it the sputnik lol

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
It seems to better the original BushBuddy would love to see a head to head comparison, I can boil about half a Ltr of water on the BB in about 8 mins, but it does burn everything to ash.

RobD

Jul 30, 2012
Deep in the forest
Does anyone have the never version of this stove with the slightly different pot stand arrangement? Just wondering if it is useful or not. From the pics on the site it seems a bit wobbly to me.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Like you say they do look flimsy and I've only used mine the once so far, but they held up fine and seemed quite sturdy once the cross piece was connected, and felt it could take a 750ml pan full. Not sure I would trust it with a dutch oven.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
The wilco cat litter is £1.79 for 5 litres and £4.25 for 15 litres.
I have been using the same cat litter, I get 1 hours viable cooking time with a single filling of 1/2kg of pellets.
The new pot stand is a bit loose when assembled, but if you squeeze the two open ends down a bit with pliers they click into place and hold well, I have cooked using a 2.5ltre tatonka kettle and frying pan which is 200ml wide without any stability issues. If you need extra stability you can also pin the cooker to the ground by pushing tent pegs through the lower air intake holes at a 45 degree angle.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Too bad that china woodstove disappeared from alie. Anyone tried contacting the seller? I think it is this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/700021 . They have a category called "The Ultimate Wood Burning Backpacking Stove" but it contains only a obviously misplaced electronics item.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
just to say another seller has popped up with these on aliexpress. $28 delivered so even cheaper than last time

he has no feedback currently though so do your own homework etc etc. If its any help Ali express do hold your payment in ESCROW and its not released to the seller until you confirm receipt of the goods in satisfactory condition

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supe...oor-appliances-fishing-furnace/761095470.html

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Great find there mate, is it the same as yours?

What worrys me is that it says shipping time up to 29 days and processing time 20 days.

Hopefully the processing time and shipping are together

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Great find there mate, is it the same as yours?

What worrys me is that it says shipping time up to 29 days and processing time 20 days.

Hopefully the processing time and shipping are together

It's the same as mine, looks like they're selling off old inventory at the manufacturers. You should be able to pay more for fed ex.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
under £20 delivered is a steal. As Mike says you can usually upgrade shipping. Ive ordered another as it would be rude not to but im in no rush. my last one took about two weeks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE