Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Tis China mate, They may not be the factory gate. Aliexpress sellers are usually brokers who source kit from elsewhere so they dont always have the stock on hand and place their orders when they have enough to warrant it. I usually find stated timescales are worse case and have seldom waited more than three weeks. Ive probably made in excess of 50 purchases from ali and ive never had a problem.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Ok. I am thinking of buying. But ATM I'm skint. :(. I want to start a small arsenal of rechargeable batteries. With the universal charger. Also looking at a knock off smart phone. Any experience of that.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ok. I am thinking of buying. But ATM I'm skint. :(. I want to start a small arsenal of rechargeable batteries. With the universal charger. Also looking at a knock off smart phone. Any experience of that.

I wouldn't buy knock off batteries, especially lipo ones. Also wouldn't touch a smart phone either, I'd want to see it in action first.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i tend to only buy high quality batteries. as china is full of counterfiet batteries i tend to avoid. No experience of knock off smart phones but dx.com carry some and you will find user reviews. Not something i would dabble with though as my android and iphones have had enough trouble over the years and i needed product support / replacement. Basically if you buy from china dont expect a warranty

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Got ya. What puzzles me is that they all have good reviews but most of them just say excellent. Where as on amazon you get really detailed reviews. At under £20 the smartphones almost seem woth a punt. Obviously there not going to be as good as the real thing.
The rechargeable a have good review. Like this one http://m.aliexpress.com/item/627651797.html
Thanks
Jacob

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Got ya. What puzzles me is that they all have good reviews but most of them just say excellent. Where as on amazon you get really detailed reviews. At under £20 the smartphones almost seem woth a punt. Obviously there not going to be as good as the real thing.
The rechargeable a have good review. Like this one http://m.aliexpress.com/item/627651797.html
Thanks
Jacob

What you need to remember Jacob is that many of the buyers on aliexpress will be reselling on ebay or via their business so feedback on there is likely to be from a commercial viewpoint like " arrived safe" or "excellen because i shifted them easily". Its not the same as for retail sites like dx.com where customers who buy to use tend to prevail.

Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Right got you. What do you think of the batteries. So when people leave the feed back its not the product they leave the feedback for usually its the service.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Sod it, iv ordered 1 lol!!

It would e awesome if its here for Estonia.

That set up of the meths stove and woodgas you used at north wood was a great combo!!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ive no idea mate. They dont get paid till you get the goods. worst case you loose less than £20 is the way i view it but like i say, ive never had an issue with ali and ive used it tons

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Well I only received my WildStove one this week, but for the price of this it's worth a punt so I just ordered one too.

I do feel sorry for the like of Wildstoves and everyone else when their products are ripped off as soon as they produce them.
Does the fact that I bought both make me a hypocrite? I don't know.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well I only received my WildStove one this week, but for the price of this it's worth a punt so I just ordered one too.

I do feel sorry for the like of Wildstoves and everyone else when their products are ripped off as soon as they produce them.
Does the fact that I bought both make me a hypocrite? I don't know.

I know what you mean mate but they have coped someone else who coped someone else who........ultimately if you bring a product to market that has no patentable content then you are going to get clones. This case i suspect is the actual manufacturer offloading rather than a clone. similar thing to luxe tents who have an exclusive deal with backpackinglight in the uk but still knock out their stuff on ebay direct from hong kong much to Bobs chagrin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE