Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've just had a steady burn of 20 mins from 4 index finger long green holly twigs. They were a bit thicker than my thumb and I split them in half. I just slipped a couple of tinker sticks and a couple of choils of birch bark to get it going. I'll definately use Holly for simmer frying breakfast etc. :thumbup:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Mine landed last week and so far had three burns with it.
Not done any timing but does appear very fuel efficient.
Already had the MSR .75 pot they show on there site and fits like a glove. Packed inside i have some tindercard lighter folding spoon and a couple of other bits
so far so good.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Tiptop :thumbup: I bought the seconds one that wouldn't fit in the msr. It does fit snugly in its bag in the 14cm Zeb :thumbup::thumbup:

egabezuz.jpg

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Treecamper, loved the video, I now have a better understanding of my stove. The short logs were great to get a constant burn, I am just about to buy a Msr 755 or a 14cm zebra to store my stove in following advice on here. I am a great believer that each item carried must fulfill several functions, with that in mind and seeing you cook in a pan lid/frying pan I wonder which pan would be better, the msr or zebra. Ideally I would prefer a pot that has a lid that can double as a frying pan

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'd go msr or similar then. You could save some money and make a cardboard copy of it in its stored mode. Then take it to a camping shop and try it on various cheaper options :thumbup:

Mine is supposedly slightly bigger than standard. It measures 136mm across by 77mm deep. It almost fits in my Swedish mess pan.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just looked at my MSR pan lid and at a pinch it could be uesd as a fry pan.
Depending what your cooking you could just get some mesh for a grill and wait till you have embers.
Im waiting for a 14cm zebra to land, will give me a little room left over for storage and is the same diameter as the
MSR lid so could fry in that.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Johny what size is your msr? Mine is plenty big enough as a fry pan for 6 sausages or bacon n egg. I'm away nah, but ill measure it when I get home. It may be a 1.6l

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Do you fry in your pan or lid
Mine is the .75 ltr mate.
Mine is 139mm internal pan
135mm internal lid

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Chiseller, I like the cardboard idea and think I,ll try that. I know the msr will be okay as a pan/pot, but really don't want to have to carry another as a frying pan. Go Outdoors here I come.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE