which knife would you have with you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
First Thought: A sharp one.

Second Thought: My Enzo Trapper, fantastic bit of kit! Keeps a Razor edge for ages and has easily managed to do everthing I've thrown at it.

If it was what I have in arms reach it would still be my Enzo. I keep all my knifes in a draw in my computer desk, keeps little hands away from them. I've a few knifes the Enzo being the most expencive, but I could still shave with all of them though. I very much belive in the saying "A sharp knife is a safe knife"

Infact here is a couple of photos I took for a diferent forum:

Jimmy the Jet

May 21, 2007
Northern Canada
Possibly this CRK, cuz it's new

IMG_4140.jpg

or one of these.... (prolly the SBT)

Boatcourse093.jpg

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Hoodoo, That Jukka Hankala Tommi is absolutely stunning! i think i may have found my new knife!

Thanks!!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Just had an e-mail back from jukka. 6-8 month waiting list :(

Is it worth it??

Well worth it Dan. And Jukka's prices are incredible, considering what you get. And what you get is one of the finest knives you will ever own. Jukka forges his blades with a rhomboidal cross section and the finish on them is always impeccable. He is a true "old world" craftsman in every sense.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
It's good to read everyones tales, however please remember that this is a 'bushcraft' site, specifically a 'British' bushcraft site and any references to knives being used as anything other than 'tools for bushcraft' are not only out of place but can only add to the problems we already face regarding knife ownership.

Cheers :)

Sorry about the fighting part But you must realize I don't live in
your fare country.:D

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Mine would be a parang or kukri style knife.

Yes it's large, but different parts of the blade are designed for different jobs, and if I was in a survival situation I may be moving a lot and need to build shelters and get wood quickly.

The finer part of the blade can do more delicate jobs. It may not do some jobs like fine carving, but in a true survival situation, who has time to sit and twiddle when there is a lot to do, especially if you are on the move and setting up a new camp everyday.

However, if I was thrown into a survival situation right now, I would have my swiss army knife and my original leatherman which is about 25 years old and never let me down. Both live on my belt so they would be with me.

Phill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE