Shop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 15, 2023
Kent
I had a suggestion for any administrator's of this forum, could you make a buy-and-sell area on this website of survival gear but it should be quite secret and only available to members, this would prevent normal people buying and mistreating survival gear which used to be loved and it will support the survival communitie.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello Prepper Boy,
There is a buy-sell area, called General Classifieds (formerly Members Classifieds)

There is a separate Edge Tools area:

To start threads in these areas you must have paid for membership. There is also a Full Member Classified area, which is not visible to anyone who is not a paid member. It isn't "secret" as you put it, but since you don't have a paid membership, you can't see it ;).

We don't really have secrets here. This isn't a "survival" forum, and if US style survivalist prepping is your main interest, this forum might not be a good fit. My advice would be to read a bunch of the threads here to get a flavour of the place rather than assume that lots of people here are into "survival" and prepping.

Sales areas are there to sell gear. I have seen a lot of "normal" people, you know, people that just like hiking, camping, canoeing etc, but maybe aren't into knives and 101 ways to light a fire, join the forum just to buy an item they found through Google on our Classified area. Our paid members benefit from this wider market. The Full Members Classified area exists for people to offer items for sale within the community, but I doubt anyone posting there does so because they want to prevent "normal" people "mistreating" their old gear.

Best regards

Chris

Dec 15, 2023
Kent
Hello Prepper Boy,
There is a buy-sell area, called General Classifieds (formerly Members Classifieds)

There is a separate Edge Tools area:

To start threads in these areas you must have paid for membership. There is also a Full Member Classified area, which is not visible to anyone who is not a paid member. It isn't "secret" as you put it, but since you don't have a paid membership, you can't see it ;).

We don't really have secrets here. This isn't a "survival" forum, and if US style survivalist prepping is your main interest, this forum might not be a good fit. My advice would be to read a bunch of the threads here to get a flavour of the place rather than assume that lots of people here are into "survival" and prepping.

Sales areas are there to sell gear. I have seen a lot of "normal" people, you know, people that just like hiking, camping, canoeing etc, but maybe aren't into knives and 101 ways to light a fire, join the forum just to buy an item they found through Google on our Classified area. Our paid members benefit from this wider market. The Full Members Classified area exists for people to offer items for sale within the community, but I doubt anyone posting there does so because they want to prevent "normal" people "mistreating" their old gear.

Best regards

Chris
Ok I have taken your advice and moved to a different forum.

Reactions: gg012

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Ok I have taken your advice and moved to a different forum.
Perversely, I feel kinda bad about that, but when Tony started this forum it was meant to be different from the survival forums of the time and we have tried to keep it that way. Of course, there is a lot of overlap on lots of stuff, but maybe a difference in outlook or philosophy. I reckon the trick is to make use of the stuff that you find useful, and ignore the stuff that isn't. We have nearly 20 years of threads and some of them were pretty interesting if one has the patience to read through them.

All the best

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE