Where do you keep your kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Guns in the gun cabinet, of course. Sharps in a old pistol / ammo cabinet, safe from the (wife) kids.
Daypack always packed with tarp, first aid and day essentials.
Sleeping bags in top cupboards in bedrooms, camping gear, stoves and pressure lamps locked in the shed.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Double Garage and I could do with more room!!

Need to cut back............................. (walks off muttering to himself)

Last edited:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
i have 2plastic tubs under the bed, but i am forever getting them out when i want something. Then typically she kicks the box and i get moaned at lol.

Oh and apparently the nursary was no a place for my kit. Lol

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
under the stairs cupboard.....not impressed sorting through it now and some of the cloth items has mold on it!!!!!
Sleeping bags in the wardrobe coats on hangers.
D

My really small bits and pieces I have in an old roll up travel wash bag. lots of compartments and pockets for small tools and bits. Just hang it up for easy access etc.
Sharps, bows, arrows etc in high wall units in utility room (SWMBO has started calling it "The Armory") away from 5 yo son.
Larger bits either in built in wardrobes upstairs, or in garage if not too damp sensitive.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I have my very own kitchen draw... It always makes me giggle when a guest go's for the teaspoons and takes out the axe with that 'oh-my-gawd' face

Priceless!

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I have a spare bedroom/box room, where we store our camping gear, our dinghy sails, our windsurf sails, our wetsuits, bergens, day packs, fishing kit, paddles, flippers, etc....

Our emergency kit is stored in the car as I frequently mess up and we end up "camping".
The emergency kit includes two days cold food, water, hammocks, fire kits, bike repair kits, waterproofs, tarps, emergency blankets, pvc tapes, compasses, maps, gps units, 1st aid kits, half a mile of rope, tow ropes, jump start battery, spanners, shovels, skateboards, books, torches....

Forgotten what else is in there.

Irritating as I always find I have missed something crucial.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I keep everything hidden in boxes and clothes hanging up in the loft, all away from SWMBOs prying eyes ;-)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i have a butchers block trolly type thing in the kitchen for me projects on the go.its got a wine rack and a drawer , perfect for the boys stuff.

SWMBO has learnt any unidentified sharp object gets left on there

a nice big dry w/shop garage for all the family camning stuff.

the rest is ready to roll in the pickup, a NI Patrol pack with hammock, tarp, 72 hour stuff, dried food etc...

we have a laminted sheet, sort of a picking list for trips any longer than 3 days.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
im sort of all over the place as i use half my camping stuff for work/exercise. i am lucky enough though to have a store at work for all my teaching kit and big items. i also have a large store room for all my other stuff in the house......

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
anywhere i dont gewt moaned at(either attic or bedroom)
and windsurfing kit in a dedicated shed(falling apart), dinghy sails in woodworksop. boards under a tarp.

sharps.......decorating my room,:nono::eek::( on the wall. (hearing you guys i should prob lock them up, i have a 20inch machete hanging almost next to my bed next to a dagger and 3
:eek: :eek:
:swordfigh

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have my room at work, in which two wardrobes are full of kit and 1 large square Zagreb box. At home it is stored in the garage all over the place (but easy to get to) and another Zagreb box (smaller one this time but still a big square one), and my room (another wardrobe) and a bergen in the corner packed ready to go. Oh and a few bits of kit in the boot of the car as well, including a small bob/car kit :)

Something tells me I have to much kit, but what the heck.....I love it........ :D

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I keep Most of it in the white containers, Sharps, burners and lighting stuff in the filing cabinet, which is always locked.
Rucksacks just at the side. Gas cans/Meths in the Garage, Clothes/coats/boots in a cupboard under the stairs.

roomeo.jpg

Mine is currently in several places.
Regular (montly use) kit is in the outdoors locked cupboard next to front door packed and good to go at any time(be prepared :))
Sharps are kept in a pack in the bedroom where shannon has been told not to touch.
Cooking bits are stored in th kitchen
Everything i use rarely (tents winter weight gear in summer etc) is stored at my parents which is a ten minute walk down the road from us so still easily accessable when i need something.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE