For Sale Chris Claycomb 5mm x 4inch O-1, Flat Ground, black Phenolic (micarta), Kydex, Bushcraft.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Chris Claycomb O-1 and black phenolic fat Bushcraft
£150
posted UK (Tracked 48 age Verified) - PayPal

DSC09040.JPG

This was my personal knife for a couple of years, it went to Namibia and Canada with me and has been reconditioned for sale; blade has been lightly re-ground and handle re-finished. There are some spots where it hasn't been possible to remove all signs of use, such as where blade meets handle.

Designed as an experiment into using thicker stock (I have three similar blades in 12C27 still awaiting handles). Also an experiment into continuously curved edges, based on Mors assertion that they cut wood better.

Blade:- 4-4.25 inch O-1 tool steel, home treated in a forge with multiple cycles. 5mm stock, flat ground with a full distal taper, convex edge. Belt finished to 800grit and polish. Logo is etched sub-surface, so you can abrasive clean blade and not remove it.

Handle:- Hidden tang. Solid 1" block black canvas phenolic. Material was bought as an offcut from Big River Rubber and Gasket, Owensboro KY and was not sold as Micarta. It is a little coarser texture and definitely different to work compared to the knife-store Micarta and Tufnol, but in use I had no problems. 1/4" OD lanyard tube. The handle is long! Not really bigger around than normal, but definitely longer than I usually do. You can definitely drop back to hew a bit. For reference, I wear a size 8 glove.

OAL:- 9 3/8" inch

Sheath:- Black Kydex 2mm. The D-Loop and two eyelet holes allow for various cord and webbing carry options. I used a baldric. The eyelets are placed so the knife hangs at 45 degrees when a cord is passed through. Secured with Chicago screws to allow opening for cleaning.

Weight (mass):- Knife in sheath 302g. Without sheath 192g

DSC09042.JPGDSC09043.JPGDSC09045.JPGDSC09046.JPGDSC09047.JPGDSC09048.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE