Where do you keep your gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
There's not a room in the house which doesn't have somehting in it "bushy". Some rooms more than others, and then we go outside to a garage and three sheds - about the only place that doesn't have bushy stuff in it is the cat shed! There's always various bits if kit in the cars - but then living remote it's easy to justify kit being needed or to have instant access for innumerate emergencies.

ATB

Ogri the trog

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There's not a room in the house which doesn't have somehting in it "bushy". Some rooms more than others, and then we go outside to a garage and three sheds - about the only place that doesn't have bushy stuff in it is the cat shed! There's always various bits if kit in the cars - but then living remote it's easy to justify kit being needed or to have instant access for innumerate emergencies.

ATB

Ogri the trog

You and me both, although my bushy equipment resides in the spare room, my snake hooks, grab sticks and bagging kit are all over the place. Problem is, my snake bags are getting thin on the ground and I found out why the other day... my gf has been using them as shoe bags and bags to keep her handbags dust free. I haven't told her that there is a high probability of snake poo being present in quite a few.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
3+ months food plus prep gear kept in the house and I have a lock up garage now about 6-7 miles away for other kit like tent, stoves and fuel.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
There is hardly a bit of me extended house and two large sheds and a lockup oh and my lwb van that dose not have my kit in it lol.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I've rucks, tarps and the like in a shelve thing in the garage, and all the smaller kit in a chest in the front room. Wifey thinks there's a jack in the box swtch on the chest, as she can leave the room to make a cup of tea and return to a room coverd in knives, bits of wood, stoves and other assorted guff.and me in the middle muttering.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mine's in boxes in the basement. However having read this thread I think I'll buy some racking and clad it and turn that into a sort of sturdy wardrobe. What's the betting as soon as I make that, SWMBO will want it for another linen cupboard. She has more nooks and crannys for her jumpers and handbags than I have in the living area, But I do have a small workshop packed to the gils with tools in the basement as well. We have a big basement. Could park 2 cars end to end in there with the workshop in an alcove in the side.

Had to laugh at your posting JonathanD about the GF nicking the snakebags for her handbags. Does snake $hit smell bad? Might get her funny looks at work strolling in with that sluing over her shoulder.

Lab72 - want a lodger? :lmao:

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
i have kit all over the house ! good job i live on my own :lmao:

Hahahaa, me too.

My gear only gets moved from where I've dumped it if;

a) I need to use it for a weekender etc., and then pile it all on the sofa for a kit check.
b) The dog nabs it and after running around with it leaves it in the lobby, on the staircase or "buries" it behind the sofa cushions.

But at least I know where to look for it.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
lol the title of this thread cracked me up (was starting to wonder if i was on the wrong forum for a minute.) erm mostly in the double garage shed /otherwise known as daddys playroom by my four year old. but apart from the kidsd rooms pretty much everywhere else , apart from the rifles and sharp things that are well out of little peoples reach . trying to rearrange the shed today to accomadate the two kayaks i just aqquired:eek: didnt realise i had so much stuff in there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE