Where do you keep your gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I just finished off what I like to call my 'Kit Cupboard' :D

hpim0767u.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
under the stairs,inthe spare bedroom cupboard in the shed and anywhere i can put it
regards dave

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Anywhere I can find space :D

Loft, spare bedroom, kitchen, outhouse, garage, shed... it grows expotentially to fill all available spaces :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I could really do with one of these...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got some racks and baskets in the loft which we pulled out of some old fitted wardrobes. All very organised although I'm running out of room fast.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
Most of my used kit is all packed and ready to go, stored in my Sabre 75+pockets, I hate packing so tend to clean stuff up when I get back and pack it back where it was, that way I know where it is and don't leave anything at home.
The shelf above it is ever growing with "might need" stuff which is starting to annoy SWMBO! :) Its encroaching on her random assortment of stuff that seems to follow us around from house to house but never actually seems to serve a purpose.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Most of my used kit is all packed and ready to go, stored in my Sabre 75+pockets, I hate packing so tend to clean stuff up when I get back and pack it back where it was, that way I know where it is and don't leave anything at home.
The shelf above it is ever growing with "might need" stuff which is starting to annoy SWMBO! :) Its encroaching on her random assortment of stuff that seems to follow us around from house to house but never actually seems to serve a purpose.

I used to have a kit packed and ready but I find when I like to take different items along its easier this way. I know what you mean about SWMBO though which is another reason all my kit has to stay in one cupboard. :( :D

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Generally spread about hte house to make it seem like a small amount. when in actual fact its a damned large amount and keeping it in one place would point this out quite badly to the missus who would then kill me.
:D

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
swmbo would say all over the bloody place and there is too much of it. All sleeping bags stored out of bags hung in a wardrobe ..... No clothes in it!!!

I small spare bedroom rammed full!! Garage for big things canoes, bikes bigger tents etc!!

I am about to have a sort out and get some kit sold as I really have been a bit of a hoarder!!

Problem is its my birthdays this week and I have asked for more kit!! My saving grace is I have just sold my canoe so the garage is a bit less full. (only till the new one arrives though!!)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Under the bed in 4 large boxes, a "small" section of wardrobe (the wife owns 3 and a half out of 4 built in ones we have :( ), Loft, Shed, kids bedrooms, under the stairs and the conservatory :lmao:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
In the words of the churchill dog.. ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh yesssssssss!!

Old town camper I jut love the look of it. just need to decide whether to get the 15ft or 16 ft.. once I have sorted the garage out either will go in down one side on a purpose built rack. I just need to move swmbos collection of washing machines, fridges , and freezers.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got my kit ready to go in my backpack (you never know when you have an opportunity to go out to the woods), that currently resides above in a cupboard above the frontdoor of my appartment.
The rest of my kit is stored in my old bedroom at my parents house. I made sure there's enough rations and other necessary kit to keep them going for atleast a week. This way they are prepared in some form and I've got spare kit & rations to rotate if needed.

badawg

Apr 7, 2010
California
I keep a 3 month supply of food in sealed drums in the workshop, and most of the camping gear is there. I have a "get home" bag in each of the cars and the jeep which has 2 gallons of water(Desert living) and essentials for walking 20 miles should the roads be impassible.

Since I do 130 miles every day in the back country and climb a mountain, in my main driver(Civic SI built in Swinton) I also have a trangia and a pot, 3 days food, a pint of methanol, a Swedish evac blanket(very cozy), my Thermarest, gloves, a bag with spare clothes, good walking shoes, Flares, a US mil entrenching tool, chains, fire extinguisher gallon of gas, piece of vinyl.

In a Kelty Redwing pack I have another set of essentials as well as my mac and associated electronics.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Thirty+ Peli Cases, eight Otter Boxes, eight Outdoor Products Waterproof Cases, eight Ortlieb Dry Bags, fifteen Exped Dry Bags and 2 Alpacka Raft Dry Bags.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I store my Vulcan bergen and large lidded plastic storage box full of various bits in the cupboard under the stairs. Various other bits in a dedicated kitchen drawer.
My 45 litre pack is currently still not unpacked following a visit to the inlaws so is living in the corner of the bedroom.
Maxpedition Mongo in daily use as work or nappy change bag containing various useful bits of kit. Usually in a corner of the living room. I am quite disorganised actually. I have no shed or garage. Or money. I'd have more stuff otherwise.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE