where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I used to be the youngest by about 10 years with all the folk i used to fish with, they used to call me the net boy, everytime someone had a fish on i was running around with the landing net, it turned somehow into johnnytheboy online, no one actually calls me that.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I've loved pirates ever since I was a kid and listened to Treasure Island on tape. Since then I joined the Air Force and became a crew chief. I then found out that crew chiefs, and most maintainers in general, are seen as kind of rogues and scoundrels. Then I started flying missions as a flying crew chief, going with the aircraft to far away locales.
So now I'm an Air Pirate.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i called my self Shogun as i was into martial arts and the ways of the Samuria..atb Shogun

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My usual nickname is MaC, or MAC or mac, from my initials, but it was taken here so I went back to my maiden nickname.
If someone phones the house and asks for Toddy though, they'll most likely get told, "He's no' here." since my brother is known by that name in real life.

cheers,
M

D

Dolphin

I'm a submariner but deeps was already taken. I'm generally called Marty but that one had gone too. I've obviously joined a little late. Perhaps adrift would have been more appropriate!:rolleyes:

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
This is my first post..but have been following the forum for a while..my username comes from the fact that I have
only have one leg and when I fall over I get cross:red:

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I found a sandsnake on my bedroom floor in Texas, little bugger made me jump :eek: and call the front desk all in a dither :lmao:. I was then told they were good things to have around as they eat grubs, bugs and roaches.

So there you go, in memory of a hard as nails Texas vermin catcher.:)

Sandsnakes

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
'sandbender' is defined on a few online dictionaries as being "a person involved with silicon lithography and the physical design of integrated circuits".

In William Gibson's novel 'Idoru' 'The Sandbenders' are described as being a eco-colony based in Oregon, they make one-of-a-kind electronic devices, using micarta, coral, bone etc. The name is derived from their use of sand molds to melt down and recycle aluminum cans.

Neither of these definitions describes what I do, I just liked the word. :)

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Donkeys years ago, after a Jujutsu class, me and my cousin went for a "sweat pint" in my local - as you do..

"Right Miyagi!!! - it's your round".

And it stuck with his side of the family ever since.

My sister however, calls me "that fackn muppetchef!!" but that's just her and everyone else I've ever fed's opinion...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE