where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
My name is Lee, and i simply reversed the letters to make eel. the first time i tried to use that, i was told its not enough letters! being 28 at the time, i simply added those numbers, and have used it on many websites since.

wow now i feel old, the first time i used this nickname, was 11 years ago now!

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
It's my 'Trading Name' I'm an electrician

Made up from mine (Tom) and my wifes (Yvonne) initials and tek (tech) at the end.

TY-Tek is the proper way of writing it.
I even have a emergency number 075-999-TYTEK (do you know how hard it is to get 8 digits???) if you need a sparky in a hurry in the Leeds area.

Mar 2, 2010
Dumfries & Galloway
it's because I'm an absolute stunner who embodied the sexual promise of the 70's
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH heh*wipes eyes*
It's cause my lovely old dad understands me too well and gave me a Marttiini knife which I love to bits, and is my 'go to' blade for everything from fishing to fire building :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
my truck is *Big* and a *Beast* so i`m taking my name from my truck
TheBeast-2.jpg

Slight hijack, but is that a Pajero by any chance?

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
Hello everyone! I'm a brand new member to the forum and this is my first post.

During the course of trying to lighten my backpack load, I discovered such a fond attachment to my mini whisk that it is one luxury item I will always take with me - its like 'Wilson' to me ... if you know the film. : ) I intend to make the one pictured in my avatar, in the middle of a wood, at some point in my life.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hello everyone! I'm a brand new member to the forum and this is my first post.

During the course of trying to lighten my backpack load, I discovered such a fond attachment to my mini whisk that it is one luxury item I will always take with me - its like 'Wilson' to me ... if you know the film. : ) I intend to make the one pictured in my avatar, in the middle of a wood, at some point in my life.

You drink Japanese tea and have a fondness for miso and tofu and an unhealthy fixation with Tom Hanks.

Welcome to the forum - you'll fit right in. :D

Cheers

Liam

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
I enjoy a good read, and Len Deighton has a series revolving around one Bernard Samson.
In said series his wife refers to him as Waldganger, which apparently is a german word for "one who walks alone in the woods"

saying that I've picked up a dozen german-english dictionaries and even googled and never found that translation. I doubt he made it up but I wonder what age the word comes from

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I honestly didn't know what I should name myself for signing up on Song of The Paddle, but decided that since my boat is propelled by oars and a paddle (for the narrow stuff) ... , that that nick would have to suffice. I used the same here, as it seemed like it would be better to use the same nick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE