What's your favourite campfire tipple?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Depends on the weather with me.

If it's been a hot day then for me there's nothing like a couple of beers that are as cold as I can get them without a fridge nearby. I'm not too fussy about the brand but I prefer lager and one that has some kind of decent flavour, not one of those bland lemonade-tasting ones.

If it's a bit nippy then my preferred tipple is Jack Daniels. My Scottish ancestors would probably chuck me out of the camp but it's the only whiskey I like in that price range. :p

My hip flask

JackDanFlask.jpg

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Like woodsmoke i liked to dance with the green faisy but unlike him my dance hasnt ended (once the fairy has you in her grasp its hard to say no) it has mearly turned from a rave into a more refined waltz, Absinthe in the traditional way or mixed with old fashioned lemonade!!! :D :D

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Well folks, I'm with Rebel on this, Jack Daniels. No contest. Been to loads of Bike Rallies, and someone will ALWAYS pull a bottle of Jack out, when ya sitting around a fire, then someone ALLWAYS fires up a Harley at 4am, Probably me! Thanks folks,Andy:)

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Tea as any good birtish person would.
But alcohol wise it would be Cherry Brandy. We found atleast a 20 year old bottle of the stuff in his drinks cabinet after my grandad died.
Or sanbuca.

May 24, 2007
I must be getting old.

In my youth, I'd drink whatever was passed around, including the melon of death.

Then I'd happily drink decent ale and mead all night long.

Nowadays, I can't beat a few bottles of wine and/or mead.

Whiskey is good in small quantities, but only if it's good whiskey.

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
If weight isn't an issue, and it normally isn't (I like my landrover), then a case of beer supported by some port and/or mead for handing around.

If weight is an issue, then normally a full strength sweet liqueur like glayva.

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
Mead has been metioned a few times in this post, is there anywhere in the north west that supplies it? I have never tried it but would like to, do any of the major supermarkets have it?

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Morrisons does one for about 3 quid a bottle, it's not bad stuff actually. It's in the section with all the sherry, ginger wine etc :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE