What's your favourite campfire tipple?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
What booze do you prefer for sitting by the fire with at night? Mine has to be a nice port or brandy. I occasionally take a bladder of red wine from one of the boxes though when weight is'nt an issue :D :beerchug:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Uisgebeath! :D

"Whisky pure!
Oh whisky you're
A charmer,
Drunk or sober!"

Specifically the fine whisky of Islay. My current favourite is without doubt Caol Ila - 18 year if I can afford it, but the 12 year is perfectly adequate. ;) :)

I have also been know to carry a 2.5 L platypus bottle full of homebrew. OK, I like a drink... ;)

Reactions: British Red
Jan 22, 2006
uk
rolla cola...hmm maybe not...
if i'm on my own, a nip or two of laphroig or jamesons from the flask is great when everything else is all done, otherwise its perpetual tea drinking for me. water when actually walking.
wine etc is too heavy to drag out, although if its car camping then there's no limit :D
might have to make a little trip out to try the 18yr old Caol lla (Roal lla caol lla haha)

Boxy

May 9, 2005
Abingdon
You can't beat a good single malt in my opinion, 12 yrs old is good ,
but 18 yrs plus if you're feeling wealthy!

My favourites are The Glenlivet, Talisker, Laphroiag and Ardbeg (but not all at once!) :D

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Has anyone tried the 'Cairn O Mohr' bramble, oak leaf of raspberry Wine? bloody good stuff but hits you like a ton of bricks lol :beerchug:

Found this:
Summary:
Cairn O'Mohr award winning Scottish Fruit Wines are made from the berries, flowers and leaves that grow near Errol in Perthshire, by the Gillies Family.

Description:
Makers of Scottish Country Wines of Distinction: Raspberry,Strawberry, Elderberry, Bramble, Autumn Oak Leaf, Spring Oak Leaf and gooseberry. Also produce sparkling wine varieties - Strawberry and Oak & Elder. Perfect with food or just to drink and keep the conversation flowing.

No connection etc, although they must have had a fair bit of my money the past few years lol

B

bushyboo

has to be whisky for me

Jura superstition is my favorit at the moment

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
scottishwolf said:
What booze do you prefer for sitting by the fire with at night? Mine has to be a nice port or brandy. I occasionally take a bladder of red wine from one of the boxes though when weight is'nt an issue :D :beerchug:
Mine would be whatever you are carrying :lmao: However, if I could choose it would have to be a good malt whisky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE