What's in your christmas haul??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Let me know what you think to the Bushman axe been looking at one for a bit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Let me know what you think to the Bushman axe been looking at one for a bit.

ive a bushmans axe Johnny , seems too light for the length so far. great for limbing and felling / chopping through small diameter timber. not very good for splitting tight grains . overall A good camp axe...just not suited for me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Thanks for that mate. Got the Ray Mears wilderness axe and just a little too heavy for smaller work but splits well. Sold my Scandinavian Forrest axe which was a mistake as it was a good all rounder.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
7d0a269539ced59d0ed26e0733105ebd.jpg

Ben orford crook knife , couple of good books and a fjallraven Greenland jacket ( not in picture) , not a bad haul , started a new spoon already , the Ben orford just eats wood ! D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Mini Sawyer filter, two books on John Muir, book on tracking Naked and Marooned on dvd and a pair of Ron Hills to keep me legs warm when running!

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
IMG_20151226_114943.jpg
Some good reading, a bath chap, beer, nuts for beer, glow paint, led motion sensor light, CoD Ghosts, an Animal fleece lined shirt, duffle bag, true utility micro torch and a flint and steel. Also an abcess on a tooth and a, predictable, gout attack so the balance is restored.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
View attachment 39022
Some good reading, a bath chap, beer, nuts for beer, glow paint, led motion sensor light, CoD Ghosts, an Animal fleece lined shirt, duffle bag, true utility micro torch and a flint and steel. Also an abcess on a tooth and a, predictable, gout attack so the balance is restored.

Bob, cool collection of loot for your Christmas, the Norwegian Wood book seems to be the new must have bushcraft item, from what I've read of it its cracking by the way.
Can I ask about the bath chap? Its sparking off memories in the back of my brain as a sort of cake/confection. Is that correct or 'am I going slightly dolally?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Got new wooden hiking pole fire piston bottle of port (wife is liking bit to much so has promised to buy me a second one)
bottle of scotch and new glass to drink it from got new fishing reel for myself happy bunny

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I got a great prezzie of some very nice fabric from Toddy so I can make a bushshirt to go along with the cloak that I'm still trying to figure out. I see lots of sewing in my future. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I did alright,

headstrap and quick clip mount for gopro camera
gorilla grip tripod for gopro
steadycam handle for gopro
a mug for my tea with the blaydon races song written on it
ray mears - outdoor survival handbook
bushcraft 101 - Dave Cantebury
notes from a small island - bill bryson
socks
got myself a bottle of Aberlour double cask matured 12 yo single malt, 2 x 6kilo kettlebells and a dyson vaccuum

living the dream

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Laphroiag
Glenlivet
Morgan Spicey
Lots of chocs
Lots of books (everything from funnies to history to birdwatching to eating to control the arthritics)
Nerf gun (Pink - from my wife!)
My fantastic Bran tub gift (daysack, torch, firesteel/whistle buckles, Pot Perm and gel fire starter MOD sheath, paracord)
A pen from Avon that contains screwdrivers, rulers, a UV ink pen and UV light to read my secret notes by...
A torch that charges from my confuser (to shed light on the confusion?)
3 folk music CDs
More chocs
For certain - my New Year Resolutions ain't going to feature a diet nor going TT!
I might shoot my wife though....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE