What's in your christmas haul??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
I was a lucky chap and got a folding Duluth saw for my paddling trips and a sighting compass and some navigation plotting tools as I hope to do my sailing Day Skipper course in 2016.

Andy

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a hot water bottle, with a woolen sweater on it, with a knitted stag which i will fill with scotch. Only kidding.....

P1000770.jpg

[Stevie777 youre inbox is full mate.]

Last edited:

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
An Opinel #8 and some nice reading material from my better half (all secondhand so minimal environmental impact) including;

A good clean copy of The Survival Handbook by a skinny, fresh faced young chap called Raymond Mears - looks good, he should get his own TV series! ;)
Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski
Living off Nature by Judy Urquart

A good Xmas and looking forward to the New Year! :)

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I got:
EDC fire starter kit
Mini survival kit &
Mini survival tin
A Possum fur and merino beanie
As well as some non outdoorsy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Merry Christmas guys ! wish you all the best to you and your families , love , health , wealth and happiness.

Here in Georgia we celebrate Christmas on 7th January , on 3th January I celebrate my birthday and on 1st january we celebrate new year like all of you , so presents are a little bit early for me but I will post them for sure ! :)

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Fallout 4 for PC - which I had already. Opened for the poster which I didn't have.

A small video camera ideal for use outdoors from my brothers.

Socks and PJs.

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I got
3x foraging books

Dave Canterbury bushcraft book

Cody lundin 98.6 book

Possum and Marino wool hat and gloves

Lots of non bushy things

But the best present of all came from the wife and I am so overwhelmed.
I get to spend the entire weekend with Ray Mears
With a walk in the woods one day and a carving master class the next how awsome is that. This for me will be a dream come true.

Merry Christmas one and all

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Three bottles of scotch, 10yr old abalour my favourite, three new hip flasks for the growing collection, guy martins book, Ray Mears auto biography, jumper, t shirts, socks and smellys.

Feeling lucky and tipsy :beerchug:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
But the best present of all came from the wife and I am so overwhelmed.
I get to spend the entire weekend with Ray Mears
With a walk in the woods one day and a carving master class the next how awsome is that. This for me will be a dream come true.

That's going to be a fantastic weekend for sure :)

Just remember the forum rule... pics or it never happened :D

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
A GB Scandi forest axe, wood plainer, Aberlour A'bunadh Laphroaig quater cask and Old Pulteney, Amazon fire tablet, gouge and chisel set, Mikita drill, face carving book, whisky tips book, a new pipe, Chinese elm bonsai. Not a bad haul this year :)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I had nothing and didnt ask for nothing.
At the moment im carving a simple oval bowl for my girlfriend which should show how ive appreciated her this past year.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've got a roof over my head and a full belly and I'm quite content with that.
But I've also bought myself a PHD overbag, PHD down booties, PHD down vest and 2 pairs of new telemark ski boots. And 2 new compact cameras.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Only outdoorsy thing i got was a pair of 5.11 apex trousers. Got to say though, most comfortable pants i have worn. Love em.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Got myself a few books... Wild Camping by Stephen Neale... The Art of the Picts by George and Isabel Henderson.... and Star Wars: Where's the Wookie :D

My kids got me a new electric razor... my mother-in-law got me a woolen cardy and a weekend of hover crafting.... and I got a Ghostbuster's coffee mug!!

Add to that Popular Mechanics ManCraft... some Tshirts and a nineteen eighties quiz game... my best present of all was a solar powered torch... and it works! :D A solar powered torch! I joked about that as a kid, and now I own one!

I'm a happy man... stuff to read, stuff to wear, motorised hovering vehicles to ride and a torch powered by the sun... what more could a bloke ask for :D

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
My wife is terrible at thinking of presents to buy me. Even if a hint the size of a ton anvil landed on her head she still wouldn't notice it! Haha
So every year I have to write a Christmas list. However this year I was banned from tents, rucksacks, outdoor clothes, video games (far to expensive apparently) & board games (as I have to many!). So my list was a lot smaller meaning I got everything! Outdoors wise it books

The book of bivvy
Cache lake country
Ray mears outdoor survival handbook
Bushcraft by mors kochanski
Destinations of a lifetime - national geographic

& 2 rather luxurious Tolkien books, and atlas of Tolkien & a dictionary of Tolkien

It's my birthday in 2 weeks. God knows what I'll get now lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE