What have you learned recently?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I learned on Saturday that I got a good hand drill ember in my most recent demonstration, but I hadn't got a good enough tinder nest to exploit it.

The good news was that the guy I coached after my failure got both things right and made fire. To watch his reaction just confirmed everything I felt about what it means to crack a traditional living skill.
 
I've learned to stop buying gear and spend more time actually outside - spent 20 minutes walking along within 40 foot of a dear in my local woods and made my day :)
 
I learned on Tuesday that these bad boys were in my gallbladder...

2tEGBaFl.jpg
 
Not to read SAGA magazine whilst waiting at the doctors! Debbie Harry from Blondie was in it and she's gonna be 69 this year! I feel very old now!
 
I have only recently learned, despite being 52 in May, that even if the working days of the week are hot and sunny is no guarantee the weekend will be more of the same. Sitting here at my desk watching rainwater dripping off the corrugated roof of the outside lean to. It hasn't really stopped all day either.

Sheesh! There ought to be a law!
 
I have never laughed so hard in years, really made my week
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE