What would you have done? - camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I have a long open sided shed that is big enough to dry the largest of tents in so in all probability I would have gone. Currently I’m playing with a hammock and tarp fitted with snakeskins so it’s easy up and down and fast to dry. I’m still getting used to it but it’s taking about 3-5 minutes to set up once I’ve found a pair of suitable trees.
I’ve often camped out in heavy rain using a military bivvi that was around £20, a four season roll mat, arctic 90 bag and small DD tarp… it was fine, I was very comfortable and the kit was very easy to dry in a confined space. If you’re going to be somewhere where the ground is stubbly you may also wish to take a small protective ground sheet.
I also have one of the military 3/4 self inflating mats but I find it takes a while to fill itself and never really fills to capacity. The foam inside the mat never seems to be able to recover its original volume.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE