Zero Drop Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I'm sure many of you are already familiar with this Youtube vid by Greencraft:

Ever since I saw it I've wanted to give it a go. Well, a couple of weeks back was my birthday and so, armed with a handful of Amazon gift cards, I decided to order the bits required to give it a go.
I won't go over the process - that's more than adequately covered in the above video.
What I thought I'd do is show you my efforts and my thoughts.
I went with the same of boots - Roamer desert boots. And the same soling material, except I went with a tan colour because I thought that would look better with desert boots (I was right), and I went with 6mm (I think in the clip he uses 8mm).
The soles that come with the boots are thick and heavy, and has a monster of a heel - almost like a Cuban heel for those of you who like a retro-70s swagger. I fact, just ONE of the soles weighs MORE than the pair of boots with the new sole.
Yup.
Anyway, it couldn't have been easier to do.
Prices have changed a bit since that video was posted. I got the boots for £35 and the soling material was £15 a sheet. I bought one sheet but when it arrived it was obvious I would only get one sole out of it - I'm a size 10. In the video he gets two size 9 soles from it. Having invested money already in the project I had to commit and spend another £15. If I'd known I would have to get two sheets before committing I'm not sure I would have. However, having now completed the project and worn the boots, I would say it was worth it. All in, keeping in mind adhesive (I bought the same one featured in the video) and postage, I would say they've cost me about £70. Which is the right price for them. However you also get the added bonus of having done something for yourself and learnt a new skill.
Full credit for the inspiration and learning behind this project goes entirely to Greencraft.
Here's a few pictures of mine after yesterday's 8 mile hike:

52723941443_140967dce0_c.jpg

52723941418_2263b07e88_c.jpg

52723941438_1392b1dd64_c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE