Perception, how do we look?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Paul_B

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 14, 2008
Lancashire
I remember going into a pub and being asked what i had been up to. Apparently I smelt of wood smoke. It was a very wet day and I was trying to keep midges out of my tarp, rather unsuccessfully until I found a tin of wilmas nordic summer. After putting what looked like boot polish over my bare skin I lost the midges. They preferred instant death from the flood coming out of the heavens!

The black colour didn't appear on the skin once applied but you smelt strongly of wood smoke. Apparently that marks you out as being up to something in the Lakes.

Laurentius

Native
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I still don't feel comfortable at all when a public right of way crosses a farm yard or passes right next to a house, as is quite common here. The most extreme one I've experienced was when following a public footpath that went across a low concrete landing between two bungalows. The gap between the two houses was perhaps five metres and you could see in through the doors on either end. Very awkward!
There are farmers and there are farmers, clearly there are some who accept the idea of public paths crossing their land and others who do everything to deter the outsider and hide the footpaths.

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
There are farmers and there are farmers, clearly there are some who accept the idea of public paths crossing their land and others who do everything to deter the outsider and hide the footpaths.
There is a place I go once in a while where a right of way runs through a farm yard. I got talking with the old farmer and he described how unpleasant, unreasonable and plain rude members of the public could be. His version was that telling people not to mess with equipment, bother animals, or to ask them to wait a few moments while some large big of farm machinery was moved through the yard were regularly met with hostility and profanity.

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
I think there was a humour translation failure somewhere in there.

I think he was just saying that camo does not necessarily have to 'hide' you, just 'disguise' you. Being seen doesn't mean the camo has failed, being identified does.

But we digress ..... :)

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.