What do you eat for breakfast?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forest_girl

Forager
Nov 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I think I'm going to have to try that black pudding bannock it looks incredible... and you can get some surprisingly good vegge black puddings and haggises too.

Since I'm usually hiking and I like to start walking good and early I'll usually munch on a bag of dry cereal while I'm waking up/packing down. Sometimes if I've made it up the night before on the fire I'll have Knackebrot with some (vegge) pate... I rely purely on fire for cooking when I'm out so I rarely do warm breakfasts when its warmer.

In the winter on cold mornings I like to do a quick fire in my hot tent to coax me out my sleeping bag, so in those situations I'll put on a pot of porridge. When you have a hot tent you can light the fire and make breakfast without even leaving your bed, its heaven!!

Sometimes I like to eat well in the woods and I love making various unleavened breads but I usually save that for the evening when I have some free time. Breakfasts and lunches out in the wild are purely a way of fuelling my body, I have more important things to be doing then.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The black coffee has to come first. I don't seem to be able to do anything without that first cup in my face.
Dress and fumble around in the vehicle for the food. We can't leave any food out over night. Get that coffee on.
Both the black and the grizz have been out and about now, since maybe April 10 or earlier.

The protein and fat could be salami or pepperoni or precooked bacon. Figure out how to at least warm that up.
Variety of bready things. Stoke the fire and try to toast everything. Soak in coffee cup #2.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE