What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I got those a couple weeks ago but took them back. Didn't feel great quality. Cool shop though, I go in once a week to see if they have any new bargains.
Well - not as good as Exped...but good enough for tinder-carrying in a pack :)
I dont think I would trust my camera to one for full imersion testing....

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have just purchased: a Tramontina 14" machete, a set of precision tweezers and a set of loksak bags 5x4. chuffed with all 3. The machete had to be sharpened and the handle sanded after some info from a previous post from someone on here. The Machete came with no sheath but i have viewed several videos on YouTube too help out on that one.

Picked it up last night from Aly (on BB)
my new profile grinder

006-4.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I just bought this spyderco bushcrafter knife off of Ian. I didn't have the sheath as I didn't particularly like it so we did a seperate deal for just the knife.

Lovely knife and I'd been after one for a while so I was chuffed I was able to get this one :) All I need to do now is make a sheath for it :rolleyes:

I also bought some Tormek honing paste as some people had mentioned it was good. All I can say is it's better than good :) and I'm really impressed with the results I got from my initial use.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bought a lovely little ex-army aluminium nesting cooking pots at a vide grenier on Sunday. Just cleaned them up and found the original owner had engraved some designs into the lid, it was under a lot of grime when I bought it. Not sure about the origin of it but it looks like "Gizele" scratched the French Resistance symbol on the lid. A piece of history methinks. Might take photos of this set to see in anyone can shed any light on it. Google hasn't turned up anything close to it yet.

Also bought some boot dubbing yesterday

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A good quality wool blanket for £4.50, a copy of Robinson Crusoe for 50p (hardback) and a Bakestone (to sell on to Mesquite) for .....
I aint tellin him what I paid, just what he is going to pay! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE