What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
That's fairly serious, I was looking for a couple of 25's, 50's are big
They seem to be quite , rare now. So I was happy to relieve the PT of these.
Trying to get a bit into olympic style stuff for flexibility so it makes sense to grab some.

Reactions: Tony

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Jar of raw honey, and six lovely handmade solid beeswax candles.
My pocket said a very big ouch!
But I do like to support local small businesses, and it is nearly Xmas, so I treated myself.
Gruel for the rest of the week!

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
A new pair of gloves inspired by the gloves thread and 2 pocketknives to finish off my idea of buying a pocketknife a month for 2023. It's gonna end up a bakers dozen though! :O_O:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Jar of raw honey, and six lovely handmade solid beeswax candles.
My pocket said a very big ouch!
But I do like to support local small businesses, and it is nearly Xmas, so I treated myself.
Gruel for the rest of the week!
I love the smell of real beeswax candles. They can take all the scented candles & burn them for all I care!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Didn't buy it today but put it up today - Electric standing desk bought on Black Friday. It's a basic model but serves it 's purpose of getting me up onto my feet more rather than making me stiffer and stiffer.
I also bought a Fezibo balance board to stand on, it's so much better than just standing on the floor.

Spent the afternoon standing up, starting to ache a little but I'm very impressed so far and typing this is just as easy as sitting down, maybe a bit more so!
I very much like the idea of this. I’m stuck with the kitchen table and chairs and everything I type and view is on iPad Pro, I get terrible neck pain and the only thing that’s helping at the moment is taking it out of the standard magnetic folio and using it stood on an ESR magnetic keyboard case. This is certainly better than hunching over the touch screen keyboard. I was tempted to go for a proper stand and remote keyboard but wonder if a standing desk and ‘old geezers skateboard with no wheels’ might be the way forward.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I was railroaded and pressured (may not be fully true) into buying a Farmer X Alox by the range of good endorsements in the pocket knife thread. It hopefully arrives tomorrow, along with a pocket suspension clip. My only worry is that the scissors will make it slightly too big and heavy for my day to day carry, but can always switch it out for the standard Farmer if that’s the case.

Is there a Knife Buyers Anonymous help group? I think I have a problem.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I was railroaded and pressured (may not be fully true) into buying a Farmer X Alox by the range of good endorsements in the pocket knife thread. It hopefully arrives tomorrow, along with a pocket suspension clip. My only worry is that the scissors will make it slightly too big and heavy for my day to day carry, but can always switch it out for the standard Farmer if that’s the case.

Is there a Knife Buyers Anonymous help group? I think I have a problem.
KBA membership is included with membership of this forum.
It’s one big self help group. We all relate to the relapse more than completing the program though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE