What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Too much. I went to Capel Military Show and toured around the stalls for 3 hours.

The biggest item was a mint bergen. This was to carry the other tat I acquired. Why I am drawn to old metal ammo tins I cannot say. :D

I already have two garages full of militaria and that’s just what the wife knows about….

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Carinthia Observer plus Bivi in DPM for a steal at £300 from fleabay.
2918ba0745a5c3c50417981d8bf399d4.jpg
a9f12a0815ded6090d5d521c09f29fb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well got another solar panel th folding type only a 60w but just to top up the power banks , also got a duo air fryer i know funny time of year to buy one as we cook outside when we can at this time of year the food tastes better , but we have been thinking how much we cook with a half to 3/4 empty fan oven that eats electric , we shall see .
Also ordered a fair bit of stuff off TEMU i am always skeptical when it comes ot these discount sites i always feel if it is to good to be true it sure is but we had one lot of stuff and can not fault it the solar lights and stuff and the knife i got over the moon

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I think Temu is likely to be in the same class as AliExpress etc, so most things should be pretty good value with some very good deals and some absolute rubbish chucked into the mix. 95% of what I have bought on AliEx has been between acceptable and very good so hopefully you should have the same luck. Good luck!

Sent from underground

Reactions: Ozmundo

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
Black mamba coffee from Amazon and some Coffee filters. Also some leather and leather stitching tools from Hedgehog leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly bought a flat pack twig stove. Used it over the weekend at the wild in us festival and I'm chuffed to bits with it.
Also a sew in chimney flap...( having a blonde moment, can't recall the proper term)... for an old argos tipi tent that I want to turn into a cheapo hot tent, with my small tent stove.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Finaly bought a flat pack twig stove. Used it over the weekend at the wild in us festival and I'm chuffed to bits with it.
Also a sew in chimney flap...( having a blonde moment, can't recall the proper term)... for an old argos tipi tent that I want to turn into a cheapo hot tent, with my small tent stove.
Which twig stove did you get?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Which twig stove did you get?

I got it from a lovely couple who ran a stand called wild camping International. They do stainless steel ones for £20, which is the one I got, or titanium ones for about a tenner more. I also got a 10% off voucher for my next purchase. As I don't do online shopping, I got a ten percent discount when I went back next day, and got a ss Billy mug and titanium long handled spork.
Should have just bought the spork, and got the ten percent on the stove and Billy mug! :)
www.wildcampinginternational.com.

Reactions: gg012 and SaraR

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
1689424388921.png

One of these. Sub £19
Awaiting for it to arrive - maybe rubbish or something quite decent. Not all the functions of a leatherman but I don't often find I need the plier function.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disabled Preppers

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Looks a nice little tool mate and like you said you work a tool to fit you not the other way round .

I have just ordered a randy newberg DTS and will be giving that a run out and let you know what it is like .

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well not brought today but first time of using and done a roast chicken and roast veggies carrots spuds and parsnips all veggies home grown and out the ground in to the pan and it is a TOWER AIR FRYER we got one because i love cooking but the diabetes club my wife has to go to now they all raved about them and my wife said try it , we went for a cheaper brand in case it was a gadet but omg spuds chops in to bits throw in a tablespoon of oil and then my home made roast tater seasoning and then carrots same and the parsnips all in the same draw omg i can not rate it highly enough , you o have to watch their cooking times but i turned the chicken over and was thinking this is not good but omg when it finished lovely jubly lol . well folks just wanted to say over the mon with my latest buy

Reactions: Decacraft

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Well not brought today but first time of using and done a roast chicken and roast veggies carrots spuds and parsnips all veggies home grown and out the ground in to the pan and it is a TOWER AIR FRYER we got one because i love cooking but the diabetes club my wife has to go to now they all raved about them and my wife said try it , we went for a cheaper brand in case it was a gadet but omg spuds chops in to bits throw in a tablespoon of oil and then my home made roast tater seasoning and then carrots same and the parsnips all in the same draw omg i can not rate it highly enough , you o have to watch their cooking times but i turned the chicken over and was thinking this is not good but omg when it finished lovely jubly lol . well folks just wanted to say over the mon with my latest buy

Took delivery of the ninja foodi max during the amazon prime deals- SWMBO has been on my case about one for a few months now.

Have been using it since last week for pretty much as much as possible and yeah I get the hype about them, a lot quicker and the food does taste better than the oven/hob.

Reactions: Disabled Preppers

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I always wondered if these could be improved via modding.

By all accounts they are pretty effective and bomb proof. The only concern, if I was to use it as a 'recovery' spade, is its short handle (one needs to reach to the centre of the chassis if one has got bellied in the desert :)).

What kind of improvements would you be looking for?

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE