What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
A Trekker Tent mesh inner thing, after getting eaten alive on my last warm weather trip out

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Acebeam H16 AA/14500 angle light/head lamp.

Arrived today. Got the black anodized Nichia 519A LED Hi CRI 5000k version 650lumen max.

No mechanical lock out as the threads are not anodized. Instead relies on a double click to turn on. Or hold for .5s for it's ultra low (5 lumen) mode. Also comes with a USB-C chargeable battery installed, so has a little insulation film, probably worth keeping hold of. It can slide alongside the battery to store it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Arrived today. Got the black anodized Nichia 519A LED Hi CRI 5000k version 650lumen max.

No mechanical lock out as the threads are not anodized. Instead relies on a double click to turn on. Or hold for .5s for it's ultra low (5 lumen) mode. Also comes with a USB-C chargeable battery installed, so has a little insulation film, probably worth keeping hold of. It can slide alongside the battery to store it.
Nice. If Carlsberg did LED emitters…:)

Recently bought a couple of Convoy S2+ with the 519A. They really do produce a superb light, though I may try and sell the 4000K.

Geoff Wood strap for my MKvii 1942 gas mask bag arrived a couple of days ago.

4BA1D0BB-9DE4-423D-A68F-22DC875C4DDF.jpeg

Last edited:

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Not bushcrafty and definitely not shiney, just got a copy of "Charcuterie from Scratch" (slow down, salt, dry and cure) by Tim Hayward, I've been getting more and more into Bacon curing and sausage making and am now looking to step up a level.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not bushcrafty and definitely not shiney, just got a copy of "Charcuterie from Scratch" (slow down, salt, dry and cure) by Tim Hayward, I've been getting more and more into Bacon curing and sausage making and am now looking to step up a level.
Remember to share photos of your efforts here - inspiring

Reactions: Tony and moocher

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
More homesteady than bushcrafty but picked up another water butt today, the 3rd of the year so another 600+ litres of storage. Also managed to tweet the old ram pump last week to get it to pump up a bit more water. Just in time by the looks of the weather.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Found a interesting prototype of a thermoskirt made by our defence forces. Probably something they tried out and never came in to production.

Cool thing is, it can be used also as a shoulder cape (covering my back down to the top of my bottom) by buttoning the waist button.
This is the way I´m going to use it since waist size too small for me. And I often feel cold around the shoulders wintertime even if properly dressed.

It has a zipper closure when used as a skirt.

Reactions: SaraR

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Have a look at the lids for blue barrels as well, a lot of those are screw top and in varying diameters
Yes -will do - if push comes to shove I can fabricate a 'new' collar an lid to sit over the top of this as its purely to keep debris out.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bargain. Where did you see them?

Be interesting to see how long they take to fill if we get a summer storm.

On farcebook marketplace.

I think for the price you are right - they were a real bargain - couldn't really say No. Weirdly they are an Israeli product.

If/When I go ahead with the big rebuild of this bungalow I am hoping to collect the Rain water and use that - I think 3000lt should give a good contingency margin.
( Need to look into how best to implement that )

I also live beside a stream and a river so legally entitled ( and do ) allowed to harvest a maximum of 20 cubic metres of water a day.

Property also benefits from having its own septic soakaway ( already checked and passed by the legal types ) - so ideally I would like to tell the water board I no longer require them. Maybe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE