What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bren73

Apr 18, 2015
Edinburgh
Something to keep the bike (and me) dry when touring this year.

f3816508f6738e1ca4aa10d491015f70.jpg

Big Agnes Blacktail Hotel 2

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Oooh... Like those, would they be a wide fit.?

Said I’d get back to you Robbi. I don’t think they’re going to suit a wide foot. Like I say, my feet are narrow and they fit great.

To anyone else looking for a bargain boot, these are a steal at under £70 with a free Gerber Shard chucked in.

81A735B9-FA24-4826-BE4A-F81BD55559EC.jpeg

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Said I’d get back to you Robbi. I don’t think they’re going to suit a wide foot. Like I say, my feet are narrow and they fit great.

To anyone else looking for a bargain boot, these are a steal at under £70 with a free Gerber Shard chucked in.

View attachment 78861
Cheers Rich,

Nice looking boots but I would say too narrow for me, I've found the Miltec side Zip combat boots great for the wider fit.

I wish you many comfortable miles Sir. :)

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Moleskins.?

No, they’re Ridgeline Pintail Explorers. Nice troos, especially as I got them as a free replacement for a pair of Rangers that had mysteriously started to disintegrate. Great service from Ridgeline, the Rangers were discontinued late 2018 so they had no obligation to offer a replacement.

Very warm and comfy, I’ve been living in them since I got them and been ideal for sitting or kneeling on wet ground.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I may have missed it but, where from?
Sorry mate, they’re 5.11 Fast-Tac from Tactree. £68.40 posted with the Shard included. I’ve had them on most of the day after a good soaking in NikWax spray and they’ve been so light and comfortable. Most comfy boot since my Bates GX8.

Hope you’re keeping well, ATB. :)

Reactions: nitrambur

bearbait

Got it yesterday. A petromax cast iron fry pan 30cm. Already cooked steak, chips and mushrooms for last nights meal, plus panckes,bacon and eggs for breakfast in it. Loving it. No more non stick Teflon particles and nasties in my food.
I bought myself a set of cast iron cookware (frying pan, dutch oven, griddle, etc.) for outdoors' use some years ago. And the frying pan, especially, has become my go-to pan for use in the kitchen, let alone outdoors!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I bought myself a set of cast iron cookware (frying pan, dutch oven, griddle, etc.) for outdoors' use some years ago. And the frying pan, especially, has become my go-to pan for use in the kitchen, let alone outdoors!

I got a cheap griddle in lidels last summer. I'm not impressed with it, it looks rough, and the cooking surface isn't smooth, it has a ripple in it, but my little aldi fry pan is great, just on the small side. Two slices of bacon and it's full!
I needed a bigger one.
I now have 3 Dutch ovens, two petromax and one of indeterminate make. I think it's worth getting the best quality if you can save up and afford it.
I'm saving for the carry case now. Keeps it clean and scratch free during transit.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
10’x10’ oilskin tarp, stakes and matching ground cloth with merino LiningfromBC Spain
It’s POURING rain again in California.
I had a horrid nightmare this AM just before the alarm went off.
We had ‘ The Big One’ and my apt red flagged. Eggs went up again past $6 a dozen and Justin Bieber moved back here.

Reactions: Dogoak

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I got a cheap griddle in lidels last summer. I'm not impressed with it, it looks rough, and the cooking surface isn't smooth, it has a ripple in it, but my little aldi fry pan is great, just on the small side. Two slices of bacon and it's full!
I needed a bigger one.
I now have 3 Dutch ovens, two petromax and one of indeterminate make. I think it's worth getting the best quality if you can save up and afford it.
I'm saving for the carry case now. Keeps it clean and scratch free during transit.
Cast iron can be cleaned up with progressive sanding to remove casting marks. Then reseason
carefully and the performance improves remarkably

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cast iron can be cleaned up with progressive sanding to remove casting marks. Then reseason
carefully and the performance improves remarkably

I did try to reason carefully with it...but it remains stubbornly reticent to smooth itself out.:joyful:
Thanks for the tip, though I can't see myself spending weeks of toil, and half a million pounds on sandpaper and an elbow replacement. I will have to see if I can find someone with proper tools to do that. It would be good to save it, though I've learned my lesson on cheap lidel stuff.... check it out of the box before putting it in the trolly!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE