What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I had the same problem late last year, a 7 year old laptop, now glitching and very slow. So, I backed up all my data files, bought a new SSD drive and a new Windows 10 license, and hey-presto for less than £150 a new faster laptop :)
my computer is a small tablet which is now over six years old, which may not be that old under normal conditions but the tropical humidity is hard on electronics and optical instruments :-( .in case of my tablet this means black horizontal lines started to appear on both top and bottom a few months ago and they're getting more and wider, after a few minutes vertical lines with the colours playing up start to appear as well which makes for an increasingly lousy picture quality :-( :-( i'm afraid that's beyond repair...

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
my computer is a small tablet which is now over six years old, which may not be that old under normal conditions but the tropical humidity is hard on electronics and optical instruments :-( .in case of my tablet this means black horizontal lines started to appear on both top and bottom a few months ago and they're getting more and wider, after a few minutes vertical lines with the colours playing up start to appear as well which makes for an increasingly lousy picture quality :-( :-( i'm afraid that's beyond repair...

:( - I'm inclined to agree!

Reactions: forrestdweller

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Bought a Rab Arc eco waterproof jacket as my old faithful has finally give up the ghost.( see if this one lasts as long)?
The lanshan tent turned up today from Aliexpress..just under two weeks from china. Had no idea what it was until I opened it, wow it packs small & is really light at 950 grams.. Can’t wait to use it.
A an O.S map of the Gower peninsula, Wales.
Sent the Ecco shoes back & swapped for a pair off Merrell Moab GTX goretex ones(there like slippers).
OEX Vello 50-60 ruck sack & liner for my daughter.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
i'm afraid that's beyond repair...
I am always surprised, well, recently so, say the past five years, how affordably things can be repaired in those little corner shops. Don't know if its the same for you where you are, but here you can get things fixed without crying. Depends on the issue obviously. Water is catastrophic.

Reactions: forrestdweller

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Going old school with a Dpm respirator bag , Dutch canteen holder , bcb dragon stove ,some hot chocolate sachets and cherry flavoured boiled sweets.

Reactions: billycoen

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
A suprise present from the wife that just arrived in Amazon, a French made One Egg Wonder mini frying pan after she'd seen several vids on You tube of them modified to have folding handles for carrying inside camping pots and knowing of my love for fried egg banjos.

20220222_181114.jpg

I'd be grateful to see how folk here have modified theirs.

Atb

Tom

Reactions: wookii

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
egg banjos.
Knew the term, obvs, but didn't know this about it :)

"Within the military, it is widely known as an ‘egg banjo’ because when it is eaten, egg yolk usually squirts onto the eater's shirt/jacket, typically resulting in the person raising their sandwich out of the way, to approximately ear height, while they attempt to ‘strum’ the yolk mess from their shirt with their free hand."

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Butter knife

Mortuary Swords gained their namesake after the death of King Charles I, when basket-hilted swords were made which depicted the face or death mask of the "martyred" king on the hilt. This version is based on a classic mortuary sword which was used after 1625 by cavalry during the English Civil War. This (usually) two-edged sword sported a half-basket hilt with a straight blade some 90–105 cm long. These hilts were often of very intricate sculpting and design. This sword was Oliver Cromwell's weapon of choice; the one he owned is now held by the Royal Armouries, and displayed at the Tower of London.

sw1.jpg

sw2.jpg

Reactions: gra_farmer

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Knew the term, obvs, but didn't know this about it :)

"Within the military, it is widely known as an ‘egg banjo’ because when it is eaten, egg yolk usually squirts onto the eater's shirt/jacket, typically resulting in the person raising their sandwich out of the way, to approximately ear height, while they attempt to ‘strum’ the yolk mess from their shirt with their free hand."
That's why kebabs are known as the midnight banjo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE