What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Got these today. Used em already.

fba4746b53357614622a1cbcd9494497.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robbi and Stanic

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Poundland yielded an interesting punt in the form of a "miniature pruning saw" in the garden section. It's clearly not intended for serious branch hacking work however the teeth are quite small with a fine pitch more akin to a jointing or craft saw. Could be one for the toolbox or the bimble bag.

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not today but Wednesday a mattock and Dutch hoe from the little, backstreet hardware store in my old town I've just moved from. Went back for a visit and got back on the train with them. Not bushcraft but needed anyway.

Today I bought a Colombia baseball cap as their largest size goes up to 62cm. I'm a 61cm but if I buy hats golf up to that they're always stretched to the limit despite me being 60.5cm. A bigger hat that's got an adjustable strap. Much needed for trips out right now with the sun was have had lately?

PS my Tilley hat had shrunk. All the washing and stretching I can do simply doesn't get the size back. If you like Tilley hats avoid organic cotton ones. I've now come to the realisation they're not actually that good. Or perhaps the cotton ones aren't that good.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I've outlived my bed sheets. Time for new. Third attempt in a very obtuse online shopping format. Hardly any profanity. Two sets with fitted bottom sheets and a pair of pillow cases, $105.00 each on sale from reg $180.00 each. Free shipping.
I'm expecting another excessively rainy summer like the last two. Flannel winter sheets on the bed all year. Damned if I'll be cold.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Tarp hat and wind cord. Cheaper than Tilley but highly recommended and recommended as a good Tilley alternative. I'm a bit annoyed with Tilley hats as I bought one that simply won't stretch back into my size. I'm hoping this one is better. Bought it a little larger than my head measured but the same size as my Tilley was when I bought it and it fitted nicely.

That's after I received a Colombia synthetic, outdoor style cap I ordered Sunday. Took ages getting here by royal mail.

Reactions: santaman2000

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Some 10" x 13" (25cm x 32cm) very heavy gauge Al sheet pans. Might do as a light weigh griddle over a raked out camp fire of coals. ALSO, bought the companion silicone cast rubber sheet liners.

Will test at home tonight with baked crab rangoon in wonton wrappers.
Always has been one hell of a mess what with the baked on cream cheese oozing everywhere.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ooh, good call :)

I've just bought five sheets of curved corrugated roofing panels to build a shepherd's hut!

LOL!!!

Keep a sheet in reserve will you Broch , just in case I prang this toy car and need to pop rivet on a new corrugated wing piece. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE