What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Wurkkos FC11 flashlight, complete with 18650 (decent one too) & charge cable is 20% off (£20) for next several hours.
Kind of the default recommendation for a budget light these days.

Wurkkos lights are made by Sofirn.

I have unfortunately lost my lovely light that I bought off a friend on the forum, saw this link in the 'I've found a bargain' thread and bought it with 7mins to spare....

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
A house with a garden. Plenty of trees too. Looks Like part of a little wood too with all the neighbour's gardens too. Got to wait until we move in and then probably spring to find out what's growing there.

Any good places to buy good but cheap wildlife cams? I reckon it'll have visitors, would be good to find out what before I work much on it.

PS not your usual bushcraft buy, eh?

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got an offer declined email today over the house. Blood pressure went right up. My tracker measures it so I've got proof. I then read it and realised it was our first offer. There was a second email accepting our final offer.

It seems the estate agents believe in a full, auditable communication trail. It still doesn't do my blood pressure any good. I'm late 40s, I'm into the heart attack age range. They shouldn't do that!!

Seriously, still coming down from cloud 99! I've got a plan on what we're doing to the house and garden. Is it too early? I've still got to provide evidence of funds and the survey, full mortgage agreement, cashing in savings, searches, contracts, fixtures and fittings list, etc. No! I'm not being too premature looking at tools, garden work schedules, house plans, etc. It's just being prepared. I used to be a scout and something other than knowledge of knots has stuck (to be fair I knew the knots and more before I was even a cub).

Just wondering, mattocks, pick or wrecking bar? Which is more useful for a garden? Need a wildlife cam or two, any good but cheap ones around other than on evil bay?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Got an offer declined email today over the house. Blood pressure went right up. My tracker measures it so I've got proof. I then read it and realised it was our first offer. There was a second email accepting our final offer.

It seems the estate agents believe in a full, auditable communication trail. It still doesn't do my blood pressure any good. I'm late 40s, I'm into the heart attack age range. They shouldn't do that!!

Seriously, still coming down from cloud 99! I've got a plan on what we're doing to the house and garden. Is it too early? I've still got to provide evidence of funds and the survey, full mortgage agreement, cashing in savings, searches, contracts, fixtures and fittings list, etc. No! I'm not being too premature looking at tools, garden work schedules, house plans, etc. It's just being prepared. I used to be a scout and something other than knowledge of knots has stuck (to be fair I knew the knots and more before I was even a cub).

Just wondering, mattocks, pick or wrecking bar? Which is more useful for a garden? Need a wildlife cam or two, any good but cheap ones around other than on evil bay?

I'd advise caution. Unless you're completely sure this house is yours , and from what you've said ref proving funds etc/ agreement - you sound like you yourself are little unsure??

I'd moderate my excitement - Nothing worse or damaging to ones mental health than creating a prefect mental image only to get it scuppered by an unseen element in reality.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
No it's formality time with documentation and solicitors. Unless the survey or searches turn up something very unexpected it's a done deal. The vendor has agreed to take it off the market, not that it actually went live so it's very unlikely anyone new will find out about it to even get the chance to cut in on the deal. Vendor was very pleased apparently, replied to offer with a thumbs up smillie apparently.

If course we're hyper about it but we're both very sensible and know it's only fantasy planning until contracts are signed and exchanged. Currently about 10 weeks to get there round here right now. It's in n the next county which is an issue. The county isn't as well funded as ours so possibly searches will take longer. As well there's the COVID risk category to worry about. We're very high risk, they're low or high. As in category 1 or 2 but we're 3. We shouldn't be allowed to visit it until things change with those restrictions. We're hoping the house moving exception applies now so we can get to the house or the local estate agent branch that's dealing with it.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
20201026_163012.jpg20201026_163018.jpg

Had this little number turn up today. 33 litres, nice little day sack for a tenner off the bay. My last one gave up the ghost on the main zip so was next to useless. Came with a rain cover too!

Reactions: Billy-o

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
View attachment 62311View attachment 62312

Had this little number turn up today. 33 litres, nice little day sack for a tenner off the bay. My last one gave up the ghost on the main zip so was next to useless. Came with a rain cover too!
Good buy there mate, had the DPM version for years now, and it's still going strong

ATB,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Regatta half zip fleeces on Amazon for a tenner with delivery tomorrow for work use. Managed to get my usual work fleece covered in glass fibres so it glitters in the light and itches badly. Can't get the fibres off so bought the fleeces in size l and XL. I'm between them so I'll probably use them both with different layers on underneath

I didn't think you could get even cheap brands from Amazon but I've got prime so free Sunday delivery. I'll not be itching at work Monday.

If anyone knows how to get glass fibres out of a fleece top when it's right through the fabric, let me know.

Anyone know what fabric type is better to resist fibres? I'm thinking a simple cotton sweatshirt with a tighter weave outer face and the slightly fleecey inner face.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE