What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Reactions: RG30something

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Huge stainless steel stock pot. Now I can water bath my garden and foraged produce .I've been hunting one of these for months.

Also a lightweight bivvy bag from treckmate and a winter sleeping bag brand new unused (so it says but I'd say it has been used at least once, but it's in A1 condition.).
Total all 3 items £20 from my local charity shop.

Also treated myself to a no8 opinel from the local fishing shop as I've mislaid my old one... well it's in one of my bags but.....which one????

Reactions: Nice65 and Billy-o

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
No idea what they’ll be like, but a set of these magnetic cutlery sporky things. In olive wood for me and another in ‘pretty things‘ colours for my good lady. For our planned campervan journeys once all our tomatoes and assorted veg have been plucked and eaten. We kind of battened down for the Covid-19 for a project and some good food, not really knowing how the crisis was going to pan out. But growbags and crops need constant watering, feeding, weeding, picking and are a bit of a tie. It’s been good though, lots of fresh beans and stuff. We’re looking to wait until the staycationers go home and set off for a bit around the country.

Well, it seemed a good excuse to buy some camping cutlery, I don’t need much pushing. :)

A39EE90A-3C66-43E7-9940-028C102489ED.jpegC1FA2296-DAAF-4A4A-9555-C2A135717E69.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gra_farmer
Sep 8, 2020
Abergavenny
My recent aquisition - a TBS Timberwolf mk2 with a ferro rod and sharpening stone. Its a beautiful knife thats wickedly sharp. I've 1k grit wet sanded several layers of Osmo oil into the scales to make it glassy smooth and to help it stand up to the riggors of a Welsh winter. Well happy with it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My recent aquisition - a TBS Timberwolf mk2 with a ferro rod and sharpening stone. Its a beautiful knife thats wickedly sharp. I've 1k grit wet sanded several layers of Osmo oil into the scales to make it glassy smooth and to help it stand up to the riggors of a Welsh winter. Well happy with it.

Officially a bit jealous. It’s going to take a slight excess of funds to get me to push the button on one, I don’t ‘need’ a new knife. I reckon you’ve taken the smart option with the higher hollow grind and the DC4 running lengthways. I like the other sheathes, but it seems a bit clunky to mount the stone horizontally. Be interested to hear your views after a few months use.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
It is nice that one ... I feel my dollars being drawn to the Casstrom Falt, however. So far, they ain't actually budging though

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
No idea what they’ll be like, but a set of these magnetic cutlery sporky things. In olive wood for me and another in ‘pretty things‘ colours for my good lady. For our planned campervan journeys once all our tomatoes and assorted veg have been plucked and eaten. We kind of battened down for the Covid-19 for a project and some good food, not really knowing how the crisis was going to pan out. But growbags and crops need constant watering, feeding, weeding, picking and are a bit of a tie. It’s been good though, lots of fresh beans and stuff. We’re looking to wait until the staycationers go home and set off for a bit around the country.

Well, it seemed a good excuse to buy some camping cutlery, I don’t need much pushing. :)

View attachment 61501View attachment 61500
It would be good to hear your thoughts on these, wanted for a similar reason, but don't own a carvan yet...part of the new design the lovely wife has planned.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Maybe a cheap Trail Hawk, being as it’s the last blade you’ll be needing for a while afterwards. :D

Actually giving serious though to buying one of the Tomahawks from CS ( suggestions for best one to modify ) , drilling the handle and head out and actually having a functional Peace Pipe.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It would be good to hear your thoughts on these, wanted for a similar reason, but don't own a carvan yet...part of the new design the lovely wife has planned.

I‘ll keep you posted. Sporks are a bit rubbish, all in one hobo sets are impractical food traps, and don’t reach far enough down a Not Foodle pot. I just kind of liked these because they have a bit of style.

So carvan, caravan or camper? Be a nice addition to the thread whatever. Best of luck with it all, it’s a brave decision. :)

Reactions: gra_farmer

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I‘ll keep you posted. Sporks are a bit rubbish, all in one hobo sets are impractical food traps, and don’t reach far enough down a Not Foodle pot. I just kind of liked these because they have a bit of style.

So carvan, caravan or camper? Be a nice addition to the thread whatever. Best of luck with it all, it’s a brave decision. :)
Caravan, rather than camper and then tents if space needed.....kind of capping myself, the going off bit it okay, it is what happens after....?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE