What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Pics please if and when possible.
Love to, but can't up load onto this site.........:frown:
However, it's a Blacks Edgington Good Companions, in this case a Standard. I love these tents, and use them a lot when canoeing. I use a Standard when solo, or a Major if my partner comes: both with extended flysheets. Loads of pics on UK Campsite?
(I now have spare of each!).., .....ooooh, and the smell!!:smile:

Reactions: Herman30

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Like this one?

14887.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Basically a larger force ten fly with a shorter inner tent? Nice looking tent. We used university force ten tents, the large ones shared by a load of students. 8 or more man tents I think and really tough. Cotton ones too but the later synthetic versions.

Once saw a TGO cover with a karrimor tent used by this guy who did a winter Munro round. N ultralight for its day despite looking like cotton fly. A kilo in weight too. Lightweight isn't new just got forgotten for a decade or more. I often wonder if it's possible to get some of these old classics remade. I'd love to own that Karrimor tent, Indeed a lot of the Karrimor kit from then was good. A mate still uses a classic rucksack, 20 plus years ten years or more ago when we did a Lakeland round. 1500g in weight and gold guarantee. They just kept repairing and cleaning it under guarantee so he doesn't feel right replacing it. I still think it's as good as new kit. Light, tough and large volume. Plenty of pockets and compartments.

Last edited:

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
The F10 is a legend on it's own footprint...much regret selling mine.
However the final GC design (the GC went through several designs from the Itisa) predates the F10 by about 30 years although made up to the late 70s, early 80s....
The inner tent, a sort of squared off tipi tent can be used on its own and is waterproof, but 2 designs of fly were available, the extended as above or a shorter, "standard" one that covered the tent and no more.
They were available in 3 sizes, the "Minor", the Standard" and the "Major"......................

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Herman 30 Thanks, that's the camp setup that I like = you can get out of the tent with extra room to stretch, even in the pouring rain.
OK tent for sleeping, HUGE fly for living space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE