What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Bought a pear of cheep binoculars and inside was a silver compass I thought bargain but the compass isn’t facing north how can I reorient it to north again any help thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If the poles have been reversed, a quick swipe with a magnet should re-align the needle.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I bought an Australian army smock from only army on the recommendations of a member who was at the moot last week. It is like a buffalo but outer is cotton not pertex. So should be better around campfire will proof the outer and try it out at Northwood meet at the weekend!
Tried the smock this weekend. Performed as expected it was warm and shed water after I had spray proofed it. Not easy to remove due to lack of side zips hence the need for a larger size. Good value at £45 posted. Didn't purposely attempt to catch an ember but have more confidence in cotton canvas than pertex.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The snugpak 4 sleeping bag arrived today. Has a cute little light to go in the hood that I didn't know about. Bonus! Won't use it there mind as it switches on with a push button and I can see it being switched on unintentionally when stuffing it in the compression sack and having no battery when I want it.
When the parcel arrived it was flashing alarmingly! The torch was fixed to the compression strap and had been activated in transport to me as it was only wrapped in a blue plastic posting bag.
Just the water filter to arrive now.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Platypus water filter arrived today.... but.... I accidently ordered the one with a bottle filling attachment instead of the dirty bag to clean bag system.
That's what happens when you don't have a clue what you are doing on a computer and can't physically see and touch what you are buying.
Oh well it will still work anyway. I'll rig something somehow.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Hanging chair for summer Moot
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TWMJJHV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
617L2NrIFDL._SL500_.jpg

Tenner posted

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
COB Headlight from Poundland

COB1.jpg
Flush forehead fit, no tilt adjuster, takes three AAA batteries, three modes full, dim & strobe.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Oh,
Excellent ... they now have a confirmed place on the want shortlist :)
Oh but hold on a bit. I just been reading that the diamonds scrape off. For some reason I thought that the diamonds were like embedded in a ceramic matrix. Are they on tape/laminate?

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Good today, it was!

New MSR Revo Ascent Snow Shoes plus a preloved, 15', 10-12wt Bruce and Walker fly rod in terrific, nearly unused shape ... not only all that, but a little Opinel #8 that came with the shoes. :)

IMG-1727.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE