What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Darryl: I hope you enjoy making "Botanical Colors". Fantastic for rainy day experiments
and every bit as much entertaining to forage for the supplies. Baby food jars are #1 for field testings.

Thanks. We have already converted a spare bedroom into a craft projects room some time ago but it turned into a ‘sling it in there and shut the door’ room, so it’s good to revive it. It’s East-facing with a large bay window for good daylight.

The thing is, as you well know i’m sure, dyeing can be a messy and smelly affair, so aside from making and painting things, the dyeing, making and doing process will need to be done in the garage, utility room or garden.

Dyeing and leathercraft has been on the horizon for some time, so it’s good to be on the ball this early in the year so that we’ll be making and doing from early Spring.

I’m going to change the planting in the raised bed I made in the garden, from veg to indigofera, woad, wattle and some other as yet undecided dyeing plants. We already have nettles and I don’t want to introduce them anywhere else and I don’t think Pomegranates would survive ;).

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
A pair of "urban cammo" work trousers out of Lidl for £9.99. Good enough, had a few years out of the last pair before they fell apart.

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Chateau-Grylls.jpg

Just snagged a couple of cheapo Nag type bottles for the bivi at night.

I've labelled them with some luminous tape to avoid confusion.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Over the last year or so I've picked a few bits up. In no particular order:

Karrimor Hydro 30, dpm basha and bivi, German army folding mat, Lifeventure flask, issue middleweight sleeping bag, French army Meindl boots, 550 cord, GB small forest axe, wooden folding buck saw, Mora spoon knives and a Companion HD. Just had the Snugpak Softie Elite 3 arrive.

Seems a lot but been spread out over time and some were picked up pretty reasonable. I don't waste it on fast liquor and hard women anymore... Used some, but not all so far but happy with it.

Did some one day tree i.d courses a while back too.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Not shiny but green- picked up my customised double-ventile smock from Hilltrek. They added side zips, upper sleeve pockets on each arm, kangaroo type pouch pockets raised to allow use with hip belt and new style wired hood. Oh and they sewed on my BCUK badge on for me too. Not cheap, but quality rarely is!

Will write up a review with pics when I've had a chance to use it in anger.

ATB, kp
Detailed pics please very much, if you wouldn't mind. Thank you please

Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
Not so much a 'purchase' as a 'forage'.

Out walking 'tother day on an 8 mile circular route when I noticed that some 'stuff' had been dumped in a picnic area*, on closer inspection this included 2 of heavyweight 'Carp Fisherman's Bed-Chairs'.
Both were broken but with different faults, but being only a couple of miles from home I thought its worth taking them and getting "one from two".

I was already carrying my 14 kg pack but decided I'd strap these two beds on as well - it was a bit heavy as the beds EACH weighed 19-20kgs so having a bit of string in my pocket (well you do, don't you) I tied them on and set off for home.
Within half-a-mile of home I have to cross a 'closed & padlocked' railway crossing and just have the narrow 'picket' gate to get thru' - well - I got wedged in with these two beds slipping about and forming a scissor action.

Eventually made it thru the gate and arrived home pretty crackered.

Spent a couple of days stripping down both beds, using the 'best' one (but with Rusty legs) rubbed down & re-painted the legs with Hammerite, used bits off both beds, reassembled, cleaned the mattress, re-strung the elastic and a 'new' looking heavy duty folding bed.

* I would like to mention that IT WAS a LAND BASED picnic area (not a river side spot) and no water or fishermen were hurt, or deprived, in the acquisition of the beds.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
a) 3 x 100' spools of 1/4" sisal rope. I have a request for a big cat-scratching post. Big, muscular cat, too.
The ******* has a fetish for clawing and chewing open any bagged goods whatsoever.
b) 2 x 8" BAHCO wood rasps for soapstone/steatite carving.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
A pair of cheap Karrimore "bobcat" boots.
18209405_l.jpg

If they see the year out I'll be happy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE