What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got one of these ordered today, the balsam at Dingly Dell doesn't stand a chance :D

$_57.JPG

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Helped my wife's parents with some roofing and was handed a Primus 1020 in return. Normally I refuse any payment from family....but hey, a Primus 1020

1381082771-1020_1_opt.jpg

Borrowed pic.

Greger

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
My latest buy was to replace a tarp I used years ago and really preferred tarp to tent (even though I just bought a Lavvu :)) There nothing quite so relaxing as hearing the rain hit the tarp. Factor in the other uses as well and it's a truly a multi function bit of kit.

From ebay and a guy down in Cornwall. Paul if you're a member here, cheers mate.:You_Rock_

basha.jpg

The BASHA or British Army Standard Hotel Accommodation (Thanks to Basha Dweller for that one) in DPM. It was listed as used but to be honest apart from a couple of likely mold spots it's brand new. The tag has it YoM as 2005 looks like it has years of service left in it.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I've been busy buying gear & Selling some of my expensive sea fishing gear :)

Not all bought today.

Stainless steel coffee grinder from china.
1kg bag Costa coffee mocha Beans.
6 x Kanger tech mini pro tanks for members of the family.
North face nuptse 2 down gilet & North face tee shirt.
2x inflatable camping pillows from china.
A Source 3L WXP Hydration system, Absolute bargain :)
A pair of Trekmates Goretex Gaiters.
Pack of 10 Clam Cleat Line-Lok CL260.
National Trust Car Sticker 2016 :)
A pair of Rubber Ferrule cap ends, for my leki hiking poles, from china.
A TomTom satnav & Heavy duty beanbag dashboard satnav holder.
6 Pairs Merino Wool Ulvang Hiking socks.
A real brazil wide brim tarphat :news:

That'll do for now.

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
To replace my Leatherman folder I traded for a stove, I got a Byrd Meadowlark 2. Haven't field tested it yet, but first impressions are that this is serious bang for the buck...but the future will tell
spyderco-byrd-meadowlark-2-folding-knife-black-frn-plainedge-by04pbk2-gadgetworld2u-1101-03-gadgetworld2u@11.jpg
(borrowed pic)

Greger

Last edited:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
A boonie hat from Endicotts. Kevin graciously made me a neck protector for it as the ones with protectors didn't come in my size, so he made one up and stitched a velcro strip into the back of the hat for me at no charge. Second one is a used, but in good condition, Swiss M32 aluminium canteen and cup. it's more of a curio than something I plan to use as it only holds 500ml.

Screenshot from 2016-08-14 13:14:04.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
This is one of my favorite threads for reasons of pure curiosity. I realized a while back though that while it's also one of our logest running threads, the OP are no longer active. Anybody know whatever happened to Nova & Pinky? They haven't been on the forum in 4 years.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
A load of plasters, sterile dressings, low adherent gauze, burn gel and micropore to replenish my FAK after spending time with Elliot at the Moot ;). And a small Needle/Thread bullet case, because it's nicer than the plastic thing I currently tote around
s-l1600.jpg

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Webley Vmx .177 air rifle mainly for the boys ( said to wife ) oldest trapped his finger in the barrel lever on holiday camp on a organised activity so I thought they needed teaching how to use one correctly and over time

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Another pair of new mtp pcs combat trousers.

Great light weight trousers :) Ya can't have enough pair's of these, in my book.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
A couple of Kupilka 55 bowls originally bought to go in our bimble bag as my wife isn't fond of eating out of my ToC mess tins. Well that was the idea but as soon as my wife saw them she decided they would be better served as cereal or soup bowls. So consequently they have yet to, and most likely won't, see the great outdoors, just the inside of the kitchen cupboard.

Screenshot from 2016-09-07 00:56:18.jpg

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
A new Olympus OM-D E-M10 camera. I wanted a smaller setup to replace my old DLSR setup, some of which is now in the hands of a member on here.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Baofeng dual band hand held radio. Im going to only use it to recieve until i get my foundation license. Anyone got any ham radio experience?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
HA! New rotors and calipers, etc. The front wheel bearings and speed sensors were $900/pair.
Almost exactly $2Kilobucks for the job. My 454 Burb will be 20 yrs old next year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE