What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
55f66cc5e5fe2b40570a69d83d79d914.jpg
retro trangia kettle from the charity shop! Teas up!!!

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Pulled the trigger on one of those 5.11 rush 24 daysacks at a bargain price; can only praise it's construction. It'll last forever I think!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Head torch, mess kit, folding stove and some glow sticks. B&M + Asda jobbies but they'll do til I get to grips with them and upgrade when needed.

*Edit* Updated instead of double posting.

Here's today's bits and bobs from the car boot.

KGB CCCP Hip flask £2

Mozzy net for my swede £2

Flexi tripod for my phone while I'm recording £4

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tilley Hemp Hat TH5 from Go Outdoors.

27293-260313165146667776292.jpg

Top hat Mr. Bounder. Of all my hats and Tilly's the hemp one is the best allrounder.
Cool shade in the (rare) sunshine, a quick spray of Nikwax has made it pretty weather resistant, sports my BCUK patch with aplomb and looks pretty snazy.
The hemp ones tend to fade quicker than the cotton ones but take on the pleasantly worn appearance of Indiana Jones hat or a war correspondents travel gear. Also used to hide stuff like money and documents in the sealed bag in the crown when travelling.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Lesson identified ..... DO NOT GET DRUNK AND EBAY ...... a titanium shovel! I have no excuse bar a bottle of wine and Polish vodka. A deity may know what I was thinking.

Great, just been informed my shovel has been posted. I'll need that like the folding shovel I acquired years ago and have never used!

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Top hat Mr. Bounder. Of all my hats and Tilly's the hemp one is the best allrounder.
Cool shade in the (rare) sunshine, a quick spray of Nikwax has made it pretty weather resistant, sports my BCUK patch with aplomb and looks pretty snazy.
The hemp ones tend to fade quicker than the cotton ones but take on the pleasantly worn appearance of Indiana Jones hat or a war correspondents travel gear. Also used to hide stuff like money and documents in the sealed bag in the crown when travelling.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.
I also have a cotton T3 which I bought from Manchester on the day the city centre was bombed. I bought the T3 a little too small, although it has stretched over the years. It's taken a battering over the years but is still a good hat.

I bought the TH5 big, making it a more comfortable wear. It's a great hat and highly recommended.

I managed to pick up a green Tilley off the bay for my daughter for £11. It's a size 6 7/8. I hope it fits. It's for her birthday.

bbdave

Forager
Feb 19, 2007
Teignmouth,Devon
I got these for my birthday a DDtarp and a firebox very happy with them both.

14322362397911_zpsh7hurdcp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

14322362533212_zpsup88fcsk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought an Alpkit Koro stove with some money I was given

14322378565993_zpsdtlicpnx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Just splashed out on my second TWCA cam from Mr Westermann of this parish. Got the slightly smaller 50mm version so I now have even more options with my carving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Not so much bought as found...(although because it was zero cost to me I came home and have made a charitable donation online to spread my happiness and remove the inexplicable tinges of guilt I always get when something comes my way for free)

I was taking a load of old bits of wood & metal etc to our local dump earlier. As I was lobbing stuff into the scrap metal container, I saw a handle sticking out...on further investigation it was a cast iron skillet. As I pulled it out for a closer look, I noticed a 2 pint cast iron pot behind it. Under the pot was it's lid and cast iron trivet shaped like an owl. All had a wee bit of rust but nothing tragic.

I decided I would be happy to take them home and make good use of them. As I was about to leave, my rumblings had obviously dislodged some of the other stuff that was piled up and a little metal landslide occurred!

Something looking remarkably like a cast iron dutch oven comes into view. I thought I was imagining things but after a 2nd and 3rd look realised it was definitely about 4 litres of cast iron dutch oven loveliness. I decided it would be lonely without it's siblings but my initial worry though was that someone had perhaps spotted them and piled them away for later but asked one of the staff who said "What? That old pile of $&*@? If you want the lot it yours!"

Happily bundled the lot into the car despite my wife's initial protestations. It's all matching kit (WKM brand- Chinese imports according to a quick google search). Bit of rust but seemingly unused (one of the pots even having a price tag still on it).

I'd been considering buying a dutch oven and griddle pan for ages but could never quite justify the cost. I've fired off some money to a worthwhile charity instead so someone else benefits from my unusual good luck (this kind of thing never happens to me)

There will be some rust removing and seasoning over the next few days but I'll post some before and after pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE