What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jius

Apr 12, 2015
All Over
Work sharp Field Sharpener 2.2.1 - looks a lot smaller in real life than it does online - I was shocked at first. But a nice bit of kit all the same and gets the job done!

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Condor 3 day pack,missing some buckles and hip belt but seems robust and it's estimated to be a 50l
Attached is a luggage scale and climbing karabiner, side pockets take the 58 pattern water bottle,bag zips in half for access

YouTube review
Bug Out Basics #1 - Condor 3-Day Assault Pack - R…: https://youtu.be/zSQAe89iCSg

b-nRH70yDBF6E345JFf5w4N9IHytNWDNIoXwN354ifrhhzqhkrxZkupGQ9dvpvD3P2ow3dyk=w1912-h2542

Last edited:

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Some poundland specials and other bits
GcHKN_yNRJQ6PLxrF-OGYXHchszisbiytGjoCXFopDgHFsNdcWRQP-taODhCigoRgM2cqsYh=w1912-h2542

Kindling bag
Rubble sacks for rucksack
Coffee and hot chocolate
Plasters
Zip lock baggies
Sponge scourer
Tea tree wipes
Insect wipes
Medicated talc
Hand sanitiser
Muslin face cloth/100% cotton rag
Listerine - going to empty and fill with meths

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
A new laptop as my current one is playing up and freezing as often as a penguins bum. I've got 6 weeks in which to finish a rather daunting essay (did I mention that I'm now 3 weeks into the 6 weeks?) Decided it was worth getting a new one to save me the stress, frustration and risk of punching the screen. The old one will go to the computer shop for a tune up then passed onto my kids.

Went for a Lenovo 10.1" Flex...nice little notebook style but still trying to get used to Windows 8.1. Nice little bargain at £199 bit had to stump up for a new version of MS office (that only lasts a year).

My main problem is it's a touchscreen type so I'll inevitably end up trying to 'swipe' screens at work and be confused as to why they don't co-operate. Pretty soon I'll be the guy I used to chuckle at years ago who used to pick up his mouse and speak into it thinking it was some kind of microphone...

Have you thought about shareware like Libre Office? Free, does what MS office does and is all round pretty handy. Works on my new Windows 8 machine fine and I wouldn't go back to MS office now. It will open and work with MS office documents both ways too in case to wonder.

Sent from a Kindled Fire in a wood somewhere.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
A 1952 Record No 077A Bullnose Plane (British Army arrow mark) for £25. Missing the original shims but i can maybe find those or knock something up. Nice wee heavy duty plane with very little use going by the blade. :cool:

Snapshot_20150510_zpscj93tlnv.jpg

Snapshot_20150510_2_zpsv93flhz0.jpg

Snapshot_20150510_1_zpsnygihsjj.jpg

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Lesson identified ..... DO NOT GET DRUNK AND EBAY ...... a titanium shovel! I have no excuse bar a bottle of wine and Polish vodka. A deity may know what I was thinking.

bbdave

Forager
Feb 19, 2007
Teignmouth,Devon
Bought nothing today but was given this woodlore canvas and leather axe and saw carrying thinghy by a workmate today, very happy with it and my saw fits a treat this little outfit has cost me less than £40 :D:D:D

14313592922060_zpsakjv6tzd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg7_zpsnyt2qkvc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave

bridget

Banned
Apr 21, 2015
Exeter, Devon
The Observers Book of British Grasses, Sedges & Rushes [pocket Edition with Identifying pictures] £1 c 1950 F. Warne & co books

Very interesting read, lists some natural wheat's, ryes and corns.. as represented in the British Isles full illustrations and accompanying descriptions a guide to enable native commoner, species of uses & remedies there of.

Tony

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE