What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
I should have bought some of that stuff JF, after being around the scummy gits coughing their heads off in Hexham without covering their mouths in the slightest..... got a vango cookset, that celotape looking repair stuff for snugpak type jackets and 4 post war (I think) beer steins mit lids still, oh and a microwave for heating heat pads (funnily enough) for the cats, who live outside in a converted kennels (allergic to 'em see) plus the dog would eat them ;-) .

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I should have bought some of that stuff JF, after being around the scummy gits coughing their heads off in Hexham without covering their mouths in the slightest..... got a vango cookset, that celotape looking repair stuff for snugpak type jackets and 4 post war (I think) beer steins mit lids still, oh and a microwave for heating heat pads (funnily enough) for the cats, who live outside in a converted kennels (allergic to 'em see) plus the dog would eat them ;-) .

Yer allergic too cats but not dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yer allergic too cats but not dogs?

I was when I was a kid. Cats would set me off in a heartbeat while I slept with the dog.

IIRC it's not the actual cat itself that most people are allergic too; it's the saliva, and since cats incessantly lick themselves, the exposure is more intense.

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I was when I was a kid. Cats would set me off in a heartbeat while I slept with the dog.

IIRC it's not the actual cat itself that most people are allergic too; it's the saliva, and since cats incessantly lick themselves, the exposure is more intense.

Ah I see.just thought I'd check. Allergic too both but it does my head in.i'd love a dog

tylerjwhite

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2013
USA
Well I have never found a tree inside my hammock or tent. Must be doing somthing wrong.

Waking up early hours when it's raining and freezing cold outside, why on earth would I want to leave the warmth and comfort of my quilts or sleeping bag?

You just need a bigger one. 😉

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Sawyer mini filter....

...made the mistake of buying a cheap ebay unbranded hand-pumped pocket sized filter last year and, despite having never used it, I wish I'd known about the Sawyer and just bought that instead. With p&p it was actually more expensive than the Sawyer.

I decided I'd rather write the old one off as a life-lesson in doing my research before buying stuff. I'd rather have a product that I know will work than field test another unkown device using my family as Guinea pigs...

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
A new Portable Power Bank...

EC_Technology_High_Capacity_Power_Bank_800.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I've had a 'New Trent' power bank for about 3 years now but it's kinda big, heavy, it does about 3-4 charges for my smartphone but won't charge my tablet at all. The new one is 22400mAh, has 3 USB slots and will reportedly give a smartphone about 13 full charges & a tablet around 4 or 5. It's also a much smaller size.

So far I've fully charged 3 smartphones, my tablet and a set of bluetooth headphones without even one of the 4 power level indicator lights going out. I used my old one a fair bit, not just for powering up in the woods but giving my phone a boost while out travelling by public transport. This one will be my new constant companion as I'm really impressed with it so far.

Mine arrived today. Thanks for the link.:)

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
It's only half the capacity advertised, roughly 12,000mAh not 22,400mAh just like many of the powerbanks unfortunately. Some even put weights in them to make them feel heavier and illusion of having more capacity.

That may be the case, but it certainly gets many good reviews (Outside Amazon as well), so as long as it does the job. Time will tell. But if that is the case (12,000 Ah) how do they get away with the false advertising?

So far I have charged my Samsung Galaxy S5 once and my Sony Xperia Tablet once and the unit is still showing fully charged, so I am very happy with the purchase.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE