What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
GossamerGear Gorilla 2014 + Hip belt (Robic)

UP2mXh8.png

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece

Nice one, be interested to read your review on it after you've had some time with it.

Keep looking at new lightweight packs, i'm 95% on ordering a Arc Blast, only doubt i've got is that on some summer trips i have to carry 7kg to 10kg of water and i'm not sure how a Arc Blast i'd feel with 20kg.

Had this pack on my list but the lightness of the Arc Blast keeps pulling me in :lmao:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Nice one, be interested to read your review on it after you've had some time with it.

Keep looking at new lightweight packs, i'm 95% on ordering a Arc Blast, only doubt i've got is that on some summer trips i have to carry 7kg to 10kg of water and i'm not sure how a Arc Blast i'd feel with 20kg.

Had this pack on my list but the lightness of the Arc Blast keeps pulling me in :lmao:

Will probably do a review once I've had good outing in it. I currently have the MLD Exodus but even though I have not had a proper use of it yet I have decided I like proper stays and back support. I really like my Osprey Exos but was looking for something a bit lighter so though the Gorilla looked good (except colour, looks horrid).

I really liked look of the Arc Blast but price+postage+vat+duty and possibly Parcelforce handling charges I didnt fancy cost lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Not great, mine starts to lose it's appeal at about 11kg, a pleasure around 8-9 though

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Will probably do a review once I've had good outing in it. I currently have the MLD Exodus but even though I have not had a proper use of it yet I have decided I like proper stays and back support. I really like my Osprey Exos but was looking for something a bit lighter so though the Gorilla looked good (except colour, looks horrid).

I really liked look of the Arc Blast but price+postage+vat+duty and possibly Parcelforce handling charges I didnt fancy cost lol

Exactly the same here, used my Exos a fair bit and it's been fantastic.
It's 1185g though and the Arc Blast in the configuration i want is 544g.

641g is a fair old weight saving, i don't have the space for several backpacks though so i need 1 that does everything and i'm not sure what the Arc Blast would be like at 20kg comfort wise.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
A new Portable Power Bank...

EC_Technology_High_Capacity_Power_Bank_800.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I've had a 'New Trent' power bank for about 3 years now but it's kinda big, heavy, it does about 3-4 charges for my smartphone but won't charge my tablet at all. The new one is 22400mAh, has 3 USB slots and will reportedly give a smartphone about 13 full charges & a tablet around 4 or 5. It's also a much smaller size.

So far I've fully charged 3 smartphones, my tablet and a set of bluetooth headphones without even one of the 4 power level indicator lights going out. I used my old one a fair bit, not just for powering up in the woods but giving my phone a boost while out travelling by public transport. This one will be my new constant companion as I'm really impressed with it so far.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Got hold of a brand new unissued set of US multicam trousers and shirt. Still got the tags on and the emergency repair patch. Of no real bushcraft value but still fun. Treated against mosquito and insects and flame resistant, not sure when that will come in handy but hey. Got the set for £35 off me man in the know. Chuffed, wife not so.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
What did you buy today?

I bought exactly the same as yesterday, the day before, and even last week, nothing at all :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE