What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
3W 200 lumens 3 Modes adjustable Camping Lantern Flashlight mode Torch Flashlight Light Lamp

This is very similar to the UCO and Alpkit plastic lanterns/flashlights but 1/4 and 1/2 the price from China (same place as theirs are made). Already got a head torch so in no rush and decided to go with longer delivery for cheaper price. At £5.69 it was a bargain :)

fahQOPz.png

Adz,

Knowing you're a bit (kit) weight conscious when backpacking, a good lightweight option for a camp light is to find something that diffuses your headlights beam.

Something as simple as leaning or tying your headlamp up against the side of your new Evernew water bladder filled with water creates a good diffused light.
Take a gander round your kit and have a look for anything that's clear or white and it should work.

For my SC600 i nicked the idea from CPF of using a old film cannister as a diffuser, works fantastic.

IMG_0797.jpg

When in the tent i've put together a line that runs across the roof of my inner tent (Tarptent Stato2 has 2 clips for this).
I've strung the rubber headtorch holder through the line and just clip the line into the inner tents clips, with the really wide beam of the H602 i get the entire tent filled with a nice wide beam of light

To be honest the SC600 with the film canister is better as a tent light, but at 48g the H602 is light plus useful as a night hiking light if the H600 fails.

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
GoLite Jam backpack
Sweedish army granddad shirts
army gortex jacket and trousers
sawyer squeeze
vango flysheet
Primus frying pan

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Haha, just gunna be used to keep top half of legs dry in a downpour. I don't really care about shins being wet and have gaiters for lower legs and waterproof socks/shoes.

...it also doubles as a screen/door for the Trailstar! :D

Cool, bare thrills has a Cuban one from zpacks, iv given him a load of grief about it lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE