What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Lost me firesteel (or the kids went off with it) so bought myself a web tex survival match to try a new piece of kit out, now I just need it to arrive for Saturday so I can go have a play whilst oot :D

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After seeing a link to an ebay sale I bought two of these about 2 weeks ago and they arrived this morning. Sweet little torches too. ABout 20mm diameter and about 100mm long. Cast quite a bright light too (I tested it in the celler) Single LED and takes a single AA battery and is apparently waterproof as well.

Well pleased. Only £1.95 with free P&P Seemed rude not to have two.

T27yxzXgRMXXXXXXXX_%21%21292903024.jpg

Here's the link on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261001723569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

No affilation of course, just a happy customer.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I acquired this yesterday from a local car boot for a well haggled 15 quid, According to the label and a bit of research on the forum it may be an Army issue Bergen, Short Back??
It seems to be in pretty good nick, all zips are ok no rips or tears etc .

Just a quick question about the side pouches that can be added, Are they interchangeable on the long/short back or do i have to get them specific to the bergen size

Thanks Lucan

img00089201206041721.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
BUCK 110 for me... Just the regular version nothing fancy that's the danger of having a Hamills store down the road from work... It's worked it's magic before and I walked out with an Anschutz 525....

I've wanted a largish folder for a while as TBH I tend to use a folder for a lot of stuff probably more than a fixed blade if I'm honest..

Any how it was a toss up between this or an AL Mar SERE but I was after the older version of the SERE with the wood handles and nickel plated bolsters etc... The BUCK is sort of similar and a good bit less expensive it's also well made and solid as.....

Now do I get the brass bolsters pantographed or leave it plain....

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Just had a superb first visit to endicotts and met kev, had a good couple of hours in there also had a cuppa! I bought myself a new golok, windproof trousers, wired hood for my combat jacket, some hexiblocks and a plce belt and a folding knife. Well pleased and would say to anyone to get in touch with kev and his team if you need surplus, the quality of qc and grading is beyond anything I've seen before and I would Have no hesitation in passing on a list of stuff in the future and I would know it would be spot on. They deffo know their stuff. great way to spend my holiday pocket money!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
My latest order from EDCgear arrived today.

2 part keyring, peanut lighter, keyring torch, 2 s-biners, a waterproof notebook, a storage capsule, and 15m of bright yellow paracord.

The capsule is huge! It looks like a bomb. Too big for a keyring in my opinion. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I acquired this yesterday from a local car boot for a well haggled 15 quid, According to the label and a bit of research on the forum it may be an Army issue Bergen, Short Back??
It seems to be in pretty good nick, all zips are ok no rips or tears etc .

Just a quick question about the side pouches that can be added, Are they interchangeable on the long/short back or do i have to get them specific to the bergen size

Thanks Lucan

They are completely interchangeable- both the dpm (camo) and plain olive PLCE bergen side pouches.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Having tried and liked some of their meals I just took myself off and stocked up with some Wayfayrer grub:

Spicy Meatballs and Pasta
Beans and Potato
Chicken Tikka Masala with Rice
Chile Con Carne with Rice
Sticky Toffee Pud
Treacle Pud
Choccy Pud

Now what's for afters........

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Dartmoor was a bit chilly. Let's face it, 2 days of proper rain taught me what RAIN really was.
So called waterproof jackets with their funky sealed seams...my back has been a bit damp for 2 days.

Got myself today an absolutely fantastic Arc'Teryx jacket, been under the rain for more than 3 hours this afternoon and I feel like being in a:

- Submarine
- Bunker
- Tank
- B52 Superfortress

(please select your favourite) :lmao:

Thanks to a sexy -15% that really helped, now I have no worries to go back to Dartmoor and I no longer need the parachute !

:umbrella:

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
In the post today I received this...

WesternSet.jpg

I have been keen of getting a dutch oven, giddle and skillet for a while now for when I go car camping so I can make good use of my fire pit :)

It's a shame the box got smashed in transit, it sort of 'makes' the set. Can't be planning on picking it up using the handles now :eek:

I also received a beginners brew kit with fermentation bucket, syphon tube, long spoon and hydrometer.... Have been keen on making some elderflower champagne this year.... It the rain going to have an affect on the likely hood of brewing a good champagne? I haven't collected the flower heads yet, I heard it's best to have a full day of sun first.

Excited about using my cast iron kit.... First things first, how do you season yours!!!?

[edit]Ronnie's sending me a new box :) Happy customer. :)[/edit]

Last edited:

chutes

Banned
May 6, 2012
Australia
I didn't buy them today and I haven't yet taken custody of them, but here's some stuff I paid for in the past few days which I should receive early to mid next week...

Extra carrier for my Pommy WWII MKVII water bottle
waterbottle_canadian.jpg

I already have one of these, which along with the bottle, cork and felt came straight out of stores. The second carrier will have a Mills webbing belt loop sewn into it so I can mount the bottle to my leather belt if I want to.

2 x Pattern 37 Basic Pouches
UK_P-37_Ammo_Pouches.jpg

These are used, but cost me less than AUD $2 each so as long as they are serviceable I'm happy. Had to buy them in pairs, so I have no idea what I'll use th eleft over one for. One of these will have a Mills webbing belt loop sewn on for use with a leather belt as a possibles pouch.

Pattern 37 Haversack
WW2%20BRITISH%2037%20PATTERN%20WEB%20SMALL%20PACK%20FADED%20BY%20SUNLIGHT%20DATED%201941.jpg

Will be used as a general shoulder satchel for day trips and as a tucker bag for longer trips along with a pack.

Replica US Army M1910 aluminium canteen and cup
1.jpg

Replica US Army M1941 mounted canteen cover
M1941_Mounted_Canteen_Cover.jpg

I use modern US/Australian water bottles so the old timer bottles above are compatible with my existing canteen cups, stove/stands, lids and pouches.

I'm slowly moving away from nylon and plastic gear to canvas and leather and since the WWII British stuff is so cheap that's what I've started with. The US aluminium canteen was a bit of an unnecessary splurge simply because I like em.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE