What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I had to google that. What a thing!

How did you get it home, or did you get Amazon to deliver it? :D

Picked it up. ( In the Car )

Its not necessarily the weight that makes it difficult to hoist , its the circumference of the handle - heavy thick handle work is a special kind of stupid.

I've got quite a few grip strength related implements , this is an addition.. :)

Reactions: Nice65

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Big pile of merino winter woolies in the sales.

Also been sniping at the odd Pendleton shirt now and then. They been showing up as and when. I have a liking for the worsted Sir Pendleton ones at the moment.

Pendleton sizing is crazy though. I have seen pit to pit measurements ranging from 23 1/2" - 27" for XL. Got to check in with the seller to make sure you are getting something that will fit.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Ordered today so should be here Tuesday, a Makita 9031 30mm belt sander and 3 packs of different grade belts. I love my 9032 power file to bits and quite frankly over use it when something wider would do the job better

Fine Kutzall 4 1/2 inch concave shaping disc. I've been impressed with the convex/ flat disc i got a while back and have some wide bowls and a dough trough planned so it will come in handy after roughing out with the Arbortech stuff.

Pics to follow when they arrive.

ATB

Tom

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
They made for decades in Sweden durable seams. Suddenly the stuff fell in pieces after a short time after the production went to Asia.

The question is, if they had a problem that they solved in between or if they want that these products last only four years in normal use with the result that they last half a year if I wear them every day on a trekking tour or world journey.

Jack Wolfskin decided to sell rubbish in masses instead of the former quality goods. That's how one can make the most money in a shorter time.

Did Fjällräven decide it too or did they have a technical problem that they solved? Both is possible.
Sadly a similar story with Swanndri. I bought a bush shirt as recommended by Ray Mears, amongst others, but after 14 months it was falling apart in so many places that I gave up on it. I'd already made a lot of repairs and sewn on leather patches.

I bought a second one for casual use, which has obviously lasted much longer but even that had a button fall off on first use. *Facepalm*

Anyway, today I bought a cheap head torch because my old one from Aldi broke recently.

IMG_20210523_165100135_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Erbswurst

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Makita 30mm sander and belts just arrived. Not bad service from Howe tools who we ordered off late Sunday. Better still was the Kutzall dish that arrived Monday morning after being ordered after office hours on Sunday.

el6la1u.jpg

Now to find a tin to store the belts in. A generous amount arrived in the box which non of the sellers websites we looked at mentioned although they did say it came with a belt (singular). Made in Japan rather than some other Pacific Rim country.

ATB

Tom

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Makita 30mm sander and belts just arrived. Not bad service from Howe tools who we ordered off late Sunday. Better still was the Kutzall dish that arrived Monday morning after being ordered after office hours on Sunday.

el6la1u.jpg

Now to find a tin to store the belts in. A generous amount arrived in the box which non of the sellers websites we looked at mentioned although they did say it came with a belt (singular). Made in Japan rather than some other Pacific Rim country.

ATB

Tom

I really don't understand Howe Tools - that's a really good price they're quoting for that sander but for the circular saw I bought they wanted around £90 more than Fastfix :(

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, if it wasn't for that I'd use them all the time just because of the excellent service but the prices seam a bit random so we have to check if anyones doing cheaper each time.

ATB

Tom

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Some tools are "loss leaders," meant to get you into the store. Chances are, you will buy something else. Hardware store back in the city was forever doing that. Watch for the "Specials" and buy nothing else.

Tom: Don't forget to get a crepe rubber stick for cleaning the running belts before they overheat and the sanding dust fuses with the abrasive adhesive on the belt.

for example: Lee Valley 54K01.01

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Some tools are "loss leaders," meant to get you into the store. Chances are, you will buy something else. Hardware store back in the city was forever doing that. Watch for the "Specials" and buy nothing else.

Tom: Don't forget to get a crepe rubber stick for cleaning the running belts before they overheat and the sanding dust fuses with the abrasive adhesive on the belt.

for example: Lee Valley 54K01.01

Cheers! Herself has ordered me a 6 x 2 x 1 inch block off ebay , about six quid with free postage, it should last me a fair while.

Theres a port on the 30mm sander so indeed to cobble together a pipe that mates with it to go to my shop dust extractor. I think I saved a 1 inch corrugated tube.

Atb

Tom

Reactions: Robson Valley

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Do you have a link to it Herman? I need to replace my FAK after it was stolen
I can and will do but it is no good to you, it´s a local webshop in finnish only.
Surely you must have one or several webshops in your country, too, that sell first aid stuff?
I did not buy a ready made kit but an empty case and ordered all the contents myself. I put the emphasis on wound care and stopping bleeding. I reckon that is the biggest risk when out and about with sharp tools.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Picked up the Victorinox swiss sprit last night, as new condition with all the extras, under £55 posted. Quite pleased as I really wanted to try this and the ratchet
5b8977d59f0e6d7e0108e138986b3abd.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE