What are you working on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Started and finished 2 maple spoons for Canada Day .

100_1853.JPG

100_1854.JPG

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'm three quarters way to making some ancient egyptian middle kingdom leather armour. It's for a guy who is going to wear it at a museum that is having a King Tut exhibition.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
A few things on the go:

A set of giant knitting needles...for my daughter.

Re-building my website

Making a set of carving tools. I have just finished the first one today, a long handled fishtail flat chisel. The next one, a skew knife should be done tomorrow, and a couple of double edged hook knives should be done sometimes next week.(or maybe the next...:rolleyes:)

Making yet another Tarn woodcarver knife, and a sheath.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Working on another bow in my search for local woods suitable for bows. This is a "save" after near ruining it completely during a steam bending session, the padding had a chip of wood in it which dug into the side of the bow so it had to loose about 15lbs :( Also wasnt happy with this tiller and weight so i have piked it and will re-tiller it later. Main thing is i know its a good bow wood to stand up to all this abuse.
P1010031.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm working on a small knife from one half of an old pair of garden shears...

shearsknife1.jpg

shearsknife2.jpg

shearsknife3.jpg

shearsknife4.jpg

hopefully get to do some more this week in the evenings,...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Trying to lay some bricks after my neighbour's stub wall fell down... I'm not a very good builder :(

Great idea of using the old shears, JohnC - might have to start grinding up my gardening tools!

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
While trying to avoid doing work-work (writing UCAS references :(), i have been playing with making an egyptian style bow drill - hobo style :)

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Top handle is an old kitchen cupboard door knob
main body - a sawn off old bradoll
bottom - small piece of hazel from the garden

It's a bit of a prototype to see if it would work. Guess what? it does - flame on!

Now i'll make a more precise version, minus the wonky, off-center holes :)

But, for now, back to work-work i go... :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Half way through sewing a Merino lined bodywarmer, have a Ventile-ish fabric smock cut out and ready to go and have a canvas pack at the planning stage.
One pair of Courans (shoes) completed, one pair of Viking Turn-shoes awaiting some tools...
Started making Raspberry Vodka and Blackberry wine.
Busy busy busy :)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
currently working on my pump drill

295psoj.jpg

19ttnn.jpg

10f6rua.jpg

Have to sand the edges of the inlayed brass tube and sand the flywheel

atb

Craig

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Apart from a few knives, and carving a couple of wood signs, I am working on these at the moment:

DSCF5289.jpg

A small wood burner stove for our Bell tent. So far I managed to find/scrounge the bits necessary. I need to cut the top of the bottle off and weld a top plate to it, but still haven't found the top plate yet. I might have to part with some cash soon...:(

Also still working on my paracord whip:

DSCF5290.jpg

This is slow going, as I do it when times allows.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE