What are you working on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I'm currently planning how to sew new trousers and shirt out of this vadmal I bought for next to nothing. I have few patterns from which to choose from, but before I start the sewing I would like first to check the tiny details.

asetakkikangasm36.jpg

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I am currently working on my second knife-handle:

Yesterday it looked like this:

mail

And now it looks like this:

mail

Still quite some shaping to do :)

Last edited:

NathanG

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2007
Southend On Sea
I've been working on a formula student car, been working at it on and off since october, sorting out the team, sponsorship etc. heres some pics:

heres the website for the competition:
http://www.formulastudent.com/default

still got quite a bit of work to do before it all kicks off on the 13th of july :)
not much to see really:
IMG_0712.jpg

a novel way of making body moulds:
IMG_0719.jpg

taking the chassis down for welding ( notice the duck tape where we ran out of clamps?
IMG_0720.jpg

suspension and steering rack gone in, testing pedal box
IMG_0730.jpg

differential mounts made, bearings pressed in, all welded in place ready for bracing
IMG_0731.jpg

its been hard work with so few of us, but next year should be SOOO much easier now weve done all the hard graft this year

NathanG

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2007
Southend On Sea
SXV 550- only weighs about 32kg :D even throughj the restrictor we have to use should still be kicking out around 45 hp at 8000rpm, down a bit from the 70ish stock, but then we're only allowed to breathe through a 20mm restrictor:( next step- turbo!

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
Hi all!

Wooden frame canvas pack.
I'm not really happy with the frame as such. Current weight is 900grams.
I have the backpack pattern almost finished (cardboard model presented), but still the top flap need to be designed.

DSC05434.JPG

DSC04893.JPG

That is my ultimate goal, but I'm applying several changes to both frame, and backpack.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Hi all!

Wooden frame canvas pack.
I'm not really happy with the frame as such. Current weight is 900grams.
I have the backpack pattern almost finished (cardboard model presented), but still the top flap need to be designed.

DSC05434.JPG

DSC04893.JPG

That is my ultimate goal, but I'm applying several changes to both frame, and backpack.

Can you drill holes to reduce weight?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE