Watches for the outdoors...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
My Expedition isn't quite the same as the one you want. It's an analogue with a rectangular digital display just above the 6 o'clock position.
I've just measured the outside of the adjuster ring and it's about 38mm.
Hope that helps.

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
No problem :D

Off topic slightly.
Has anyone seen / used the GPS watches?
I know Summo/ Summto (or whoever they are) have one for sale at about £3-400 :eek:
I know they wont be as good as a hand held version for ease of use, buttons or mapping add ons but I like the idea of it being more difficult to loose.
I suppose the watch GPS is really a back up to map and compass (becasue it has limited screen and functions), where as the hand held unit can be used on it's own - I know it shouldn't be used on it's own but we all know people do, mostly without a problem until the batteries run out.

The other thing I wasn't sure about was the size of it. I think they're huge ! :eek:

Cheers

Mark

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
I have been wearing a Rolex Explorer II that I got for my 21st daily. (I am 35 now)

Whatever you may think of Rolex and those that wear them ;) it has never failed to please my eye and tell the time to within a couple of minutes of the atomic clock.

I wouldnt swap it for anything.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
demographic said:
Sony ericsson

I can even phone people on it :)

Ditto... :eek:

I don't really wear watches often now, but I also have a Storm watch that was a demonstrator before they went on sale in the High Street. It has a one piece solid stainless strap on each side and a flap like the old pocket watches to protect the face. Tres cool...

My mate has the 'SBS' CWC traser watch which is about £300 worth but oh, sooo nice...

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
why do we need a watch when hiking or camping just the sun or a sundial flint & steel & a little knife

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
A day or 2 late to this so you may have lost interest already.... I had a Suunto Observer a couple of years ago but found it to be more trouble than it was worth whilst walking/climbing; a bit gimmicky for my taste and did nothing particularly well. I switched to a Citiizen 'super tough' eco drive; plain, big digits and big bright hands; titanium case and waterproof to way more than I'll ever get to. Not exactly reasonably priced but I love it!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Hellz said:
That sounds ideal, thanks.

Might stop off at Argos this week :D

Hellz

I have a different model Timex Expedition (but very similar).

Timexexpedition.jpg

I bought it in Asda for around thirty quid three or four years ago and it's still running on the same battery.

Nice thing about this one is that the face is recessed so it doesn't scratch easily and the strap (and the thingies that hold it on) can be replaced with any standard strap.

The bevel ring won't come off either, like it did on my last one, 'cos there isn't one. ;)

It has all the usual things on it like an illuminated dial, alarm, date, etc. I've been quite pleased with mine for the price. I'm a bit of watch wrecker so I don't like to spend too much on them.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I bought a diamond disc for my spinner recently and I was given a free watch with it, it looks quite good, when you press the light, it comes up with three different colours on the face........... :cool:

J

justdave

Call me backwards but I like my Waltham hunter case pocket watch. Just wind it once or twice and it keeps great time. Looks cool too.
Justdave

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
TallMikeM said:
In a fit of madness I bought one of those wrist top computer jobbies; altimeter, barometer, compass, enigma machine etc. One of the sillyest things I've ever bought for outdoor use. I use it, but only cos I bought it. Given the choice I'd use the £5 casio jobbie that I use for running.

I have one of these a Casio PRG-50 and its ace ! Great for early weather pointers and the compas is handy as its always on your wrist (no puns handy/writst please :rolleyes:. I got mine from ebay for 50 squid as it was scratched who cares ! I would recommend this watch to anyone plus the bonus of it being solar powered means you dont get stuck without power. Oh and the auto light feature is way cool ! :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE