Questions for owners of Swazi kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Hi all,
Not a frequent poster here, but I thought I'd call on your collective knowledge and see if anyone can help me make some decisions.
I'm after a new jacket or smock to use next autumn/winter (and forevermore afterwards) and I'm looking specifically for now at Swazi kit. I will "do" various things in my new jacket/smock including dog walking, wildlife watching, deer stalking, beating on game shoots, a limited amount of hillwalking, etc, etc.
I'm considering the Tahr XP, Wapiti, and (although probably not, I suspect it's too warm and not waterproof enough) the Nahanni. So these questions are for owners of any/all of the above, really. I like the windriver as well, but it doesn't come in Tussock, and I think the olive is a bit too dark for my liking.
Questions. Forgive the bluntness and "specificness" but obviously these are impossible to look at/try on so I'm just hoping to gather some information before ordering.
1. How does it stack up when the weather is a bit milder and maybe not raining? I.e. can you happily and comfortably wear it on a day when you aren't necessarily expecting rain for general outdoors type activities just to keep the wind off and prevent you from being naked?
2. Everybody says Swazi stuff is very durable and tough. I won't be abusing it on purpose, but will it stand up to the odd brush with aggressive brambles, etc?
3. How long is it really (especially the Wapiti, is that shorter than the smocks?)
4. Does the Wapiti have a draw cord at the waist?
5. I like to push my sleeves up if I'm a bit too warm or if I'm about to stick my hands inside a deer (or do the washing up at camp, I suppose) Are the cuffs big enough for that?
6. Are the pockets on big enough for a pair of binoculars (8x42)
7. Does the hood roll up?
8. What have you used yours for and would you recommend it?

Of course if anyone has any general observations about Swazi please feel free to share. I know it's all hellish expensive and I'll be saving up for a bit before I take the plunge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE