Very, very happy (but a bit bewildered)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Do I know you?

:confused:

I know the knocks to your heads might from the Russian guards caused you memory loss, but can I remind you that it was me that dug us out of that cave we escaped from in Siberia. You were mostly delirious while I carried your emaciated body south over the Himalayas and into India. So if you have no recollection of me I guess the memory loss was a lot more extensive than I thought. Suffice to say I would do it again, because you are indeed my bestest and only fwend. :You_Rock_ I walked through fire for you. Want to see the blisters? Even after all these years they still haven't healed, but I wear them with pride.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I know the knocks to your heads might from the Russian guards caused you memory loss, but can I remind you that it was me that dug us out of that cave we escaped from in Siberia. You were mostly delirious while I carried your emaciated body south over the Himalayas and into India. So if you have no recollection of me I guess the memory loss was a lot more extensive than I thought. Suffice to say I would do it again, because you are indeed my bestest and only fwend. :You_Rock_ I walked through fire for you. Want to see the blisters? Even after all these years they still haven't healed, but I wear them with pride.

Oh. You again. Yes, I remember you now.

<sigh>

"NURSE! He got out again..."

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You could read it like that I suppose. I wasn't expecting them to do a comprehensive search of the 300 mile radius that the car could have ended up in given its fuel load. I'm not sure that there was anything to test either. Anyway, it doesn't matter because I got my vehicle back intact, and I feel it went a lot better than it might have done. I'm inclined to give the benefit of any doubt. :)

At the time you reported it, the "tests' should have consisted of at least taking fingerprints off the entryway of your house and the immediate area around where the keys had been. Also looking for hair, bits of clothing fibers, etc. in the same general area.

Now they should be making the same checks of the car itself in an effort to identify the thieves.

On a side note, please take your car to the police and have them go over it with a drug detection dog. Better to find any incriminating evidence now while you can explain it than to have it turn up later.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
At the time you reported it, the "tests' should have consisted of at least taking fingerprints off the entryway of your house and the immediate area around where the keys had been. Also looking for hair, bits of clothing fibers, etc. in the same general area.

Now they should be making the same checks of the car itself in an effort to identify the thieves.

On a side note, please take your car to the police and have them go over it with a drug detection dog. Better to find any incriminating evidence now while you can explain it than to have it turn up later.

Good advice. The car has been gone over for prints etc by the police since retrieval. That's why we couldn't collect until this afternoon. The problem beforehand was: where do you ask the SOCO's to look when there is no evidence (at that time) that anyone had been in the property in the first place and the key owners didn't know where they had put it either? Anyone looking for hair would find it easily enough, but it would all be dog and cat hair. We had a statement taken, a follow-up visit from a senior officer, good communication, we know they checked the local traffic cameras for the vehicle because they spotted me on my last journey before the theft (and checked that it was me) and they liaised with an adjacent force, in whose area the vehicle was found. We got our car back in a week. With unlimited resources I'm sure more could have been done, but I call that a decent outcome, and have no complaints.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Fair enough then. Sounds like they did a competent job. To be honest, very few stolen cars are recovered.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Fair enough then. Sounds like they did a competent job. To be honest, very few stolen cars are recovered.

Nationally that is true. When the incident occurred I asked the officer what the chances were, and he said "Around here, odds are you will get it back. We will find it". He was right.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just an update on this thread. I understand that an arrest has now been made, and the police are confident that they have the right person, as there have been multiple vehicle thefts of this type in the area, and the suspect was witnessed entering properties illegally, and there is lots of dna evidence besides, especially since he left a t-shirt on our back seat that doesn't belong to us!

Now up to the CPS whether it goes to prosecution.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Just an update on this thread. I understand that an arrest has now been made, and the police are confident that they have the right person, as there have been multiple vehicle thefts of this type in the area, and the suspect was witnessed entering properties illegally, and there is lots of dna evidence besides, especially since he left a t-shirt on our back seat that doesn't belong to us!

Now up to the CPS whether it goes to prosecution.

:lmao:Ain't it great how dumb they can be!?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE