Very, very happy (but a bit bewildered)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Got some time off in the coming week, so was looking forward to some good outdoor time. Went out yesterday and had a good day. Went to go out again this morning, but someone has stolen my car from off our drive.

No sign of a forced entry, which makes me wonder whether I locked it or left a window open yesterday (I was pretty tired when I got home), or whether someone simply forced the door (I know from experience this isn't very difficult).

Al reported in the appropriate ways, and I had about 200cds and a Czech army sleep system in the car, plus a snugpak response pack with various bits in it (including a small knife).

Can't imagine the mindset of someone who would just steal something so obviously fundamentally crucial to someone else, but there are people out there who care only about themselves.

Not happy. :tapedshut:cussing::soapbox::mad:

On the plus side, I have thought of a use for my axes...

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sorry to here this mate. Hope you manage to get it back intact.

Apart from that, have a good week. Are you going to get up to any arachnogeekery?

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Sorry to hear that mate, sometimes it's the property inside the car that hurts to lose rather than the vehicle itself.
What sort of car was it? Thieves can steal certain types without keys using reprogramming kit.

Range rovers are particularly vulnerable.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
cant stand people who do things like this, there are many four letter words i use for them. hope it gets recovered. get a picture up with details on facebook and get it shared, things like this usually go viral. also get pictures up of all the kit that as stolen so we can all keep our eyes out for it being sold on. good luck

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Having had a car stolen myself I feel your pain and anger I saw mine being driven off gave chase on foot for a bit.

Sent from somewhere?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh dear, I'm really sorry to hear this, Mike; not funny without wheels, and the kit inside - you don't realise 'till it's gone, all the little bits and pieces in a day bag. Fingers crossed it'll turn up safe and sound :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Having had several cars stolen a few years back ( I lived in Bristol and it used to be a hotspot for car theft) I can sypathise.

I hope they find it and the people who've stolen it.

ATB

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thinking about it, I used the car last night just before 10pm, as the wife needed me to go to the shop, so it went missing between then and about 4.30am this morning (we have early-rising neighbours). Wife has now discovered we can't find the current MOT, and it is due about now, so we may have missed that by a week or two and not have a valid MOT either, which mucks up the insurance. Its her car, but I drive it for the most part. Really not going well today.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
On the bright side if its out of MOT it should ping up on the police ANPR system.
Hope you manage to get it back and sorted without too much hassle.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Damned thing is hardly inconspicuous

14317001522_deef3049fd_b.jpg

It also has more dirt and more dents than it did when that picture was taken :eek:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I thought it was near impossible to steal a modern car these days? Certainly near impossible to get a new bloody key for realistic money.
Sorry about the car mate, thieving filth they are, dam their eyes!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I thought it was near impossible to steal a modern car these days? Certainly near impossible to get a new bloody key for realistic money.
Sorry about the car mate, thieving filth they are, dam their eyes!

A thief won't need the key. The car will never be started again; it'll be dismantled and sold as parts.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sorry to hear that Mike. If you need any bits to replace the response pack, let me know - I have spares of a lot of stuff :)

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's a thought. Wife can't find her keys, although she doesn't use them often so that isn't conclusive anyway.

No, she really can't find them, and her coat is nearer the door than mine. Maybe.

Which would me that the dog slept through it, which is possible because he is old and deaf.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE