Ventile Poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Is £110 too much?

• Total voters

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Well its 8 on the list so far. Not a bad start for a credit crunch era.
Anyone else welcome to express a strong interest then add you name to the list.

Will try and get the button-hole tapes sorted. Bit of a mystery at the moment.

LBL

LBL
Oetzi
SimonM
Subedarmajor
MikeE
Harlequin
Huon
Mayfly
Malcolmc
ZDP-189

I'm still in, but but having taken 3" of rain in my ventile smock under a PU coated nylon poncho on Sunday, I am starting to question my sanity.

Ventile is great unless it rains.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Hi - its seems to be taking longer than expected again. I have gone back to Hilltrek to ask for a final spec - dimensions, ventile type (L24?), weight, number of fixings, colour choice etc. and to host a webpage with final pictures of the product (and also the possbility of linking this to their secure ordering system - should not be a problem) but they are taking an age to get back to me. Sorry guys. Will keep trying. LBL

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
No problem. Let us know when you're done.

On the subject of dimensions, will this be a case of one size fits all?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Cheers,

Huon

lmanton

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2007
Shropshire, UK
LBL
Oetzi
SimonM
Subedarmajor
MikeE
Harlequin
Huon
Mayfly
Malcolmc
ZDP-189

I'm still in, but but having taken 3" of rain in my ventile smock under a PU coated nylon poncho on Sunday, I am starting to question my sanity.

Ventile is great unless it rains.

Oetzi
SimonM
Subedarmajor
MikeE
Harlequin
Huon
Mayfly
Malcolmc
ZDP-189
lmanton

Thanks for your efforts in organising this.
Leigh

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Reply from Hilltrek because of my nagging:

Hi,
Sorry that we did not respond.
We are working on it at the moment.
Hopefully I can get something up on the website by the end of next week
Regards
Dave

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Right. I think we are a goer. This is an email from Hilltrek:

Hi,

I would recommend that the colours offered are Olive, Black and Antique Bronze however we can also supply Red, Navy and Royal Blue.

According to my website guy it is not possible with our e-commerce package to have a ‘hidden page’ which is externally accessible.

In fact the Poncho is already on the website in a hidden page but regrettably not accessible. So tomorrow we will make it accessible to everyone.

Once the BCUK members make their purchases we plan to raise the price to say £130. However [for BCUK members] I will keep the price at £115 until Christmas.

It would be helpful however if you could get the members to place orders as soon as possible so that we can make these Ponchos in one batch.

I suggest that we allow 4-6 weeks delivery. Note that we only take money off the customers credit card just before the item is shipped.

I hope this is acceptable to you.

Dave

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Right. I think we are a goer. This is an email from Hilltrek:

Hi,

I would recommend that the colours offered are Olive, Black and Antique Bronze however we can also supply Red, Navy and Royal Blue.

According to my website guy it is not possible with our e-commerce package to have a ‘hidden page’ which is externally accessible.

In fact the Poncho is already on the website in a hidden page but regrettably not accessible. So tomorrow we will make it accessible to everyone.

Once the BCUK members make their purchases we plan to raise the price to say £130. However [for BCUK members] I will keep the price at £115 until Christmas.

It would be helpful however if you could get the members to place orders as soon as possible so that we can make these Ponchos in one batch.

I suggest that we allow 4-6 weeks delivery. Note that we only take money off the customers credit card just before the item is shipped.

I hope this is acceptable to you.

Dave

So...we are here at last. Bushcraft Ventile Poncho Mk1. Its taken over a year to get hear but thanks to input from members - especially Wayland and BushVen - and numerous others - we have our first poncho. Of course this may be a step into the unknown for some and whilst I feel that the Mk1 has had enough though and input to make it a very good product I hope that it grows and improves in the long term with possibly Mk2s and Mk3s (taking into account such valuable feedback as Wayland's button hole tape/loops - which we could not incorporate in this version in time)...... If not then those few who have bought the Mk1 might just have a one-off! I look forward to seeing some reviews of it on the members review section. On a personal level I hope its a fantastic product and will be looking forward to buying one and testing it out. I hope it lives up to my expectations. But, hey - nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?

I'll post up the link when it goes live. Good luck everyone. Here endeth my involvement and its over to the guys at Hilltrek. Thanks y'all.

LBL

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE