Utility tool ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
My sister asked me this afternoon if this so called multi-tool thing is UK legal i.e Non-Locking.
1645122412200.png
I've had a nose round and I can't find the exact spec's.
Any answers welcome, apart from that's not a multi-tool and why does she want 1. Cos believe me I have asked the same things
Cheers

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Can't enlarge the photo and I don't have aquiline eyesight anymore ( more penguin.. )

Link??

But I believe that is one of those Key type multi tool gizmos isn't it? which means the straight edge blade is also very short.

If so I think she would be ok.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I suspect may have something to do where she gets pulled over. In a big city... it'll be disguised.

Victorinox Rally has a similar toolset. Or Rambler if want scissors too.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'd agree.
This tool was brought up on British Blades some years back and we had a lot of legal experts on there, including a police officer whose knowledge was excellent. They all said it would be classed as a fixed blade as it clearly had a part on it that was meant to be used as a handle. Albeit being small.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
This is a tool used by police in training as an example of a fixed blade that is illegal to carry unless you have good reason. Note that the blade and handle on this are far smaller than the knife and handle part of the gadget we are discussing.

9FDE065E-6F11-4D52-9432-4F9712700573.jpeg
So in short, we have a disguised fixed blade knife with that key gadget. And if you get a belligerent officer looking for excuses. That’d be a big one.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
This is a tool used by police in training as an example of a fixed blade that is illegal to carry unless you have good reason. Note that the blade and handle on this are far smaller than the knife and handle part of the gadget we are discussing.

View attachment 72605
So in short, we have a disguised fixed blade knife with that key gadget. And if you get a belligerent officer looking for excuses. That’d be a big one.

I'd better be careful then , some of my Toenails have bigger sharper edges than that thing.

• Haha
Reactions: JonathanD

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
They did bring out the knifeless one few years back, the Swiss Card Nailcare. Replaced the blade with a nail file.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah it's the tool Broch showed and I thought that it would be classed as a folder aswell guess not.
I'll break the baddish news to her.
UK laws a folding blade that could be a fixed blade?.
Cheers

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Its going back a bit, but the deciding factor was if the knife part was removed from the tool, then it would still have an integral useable handle and blade as opposed to just a blade. A similar design to concealable thumb knives in fact.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE