taking time walking off roads in my local area was very interesting indeed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
i finally had enough of RL after recent events beyond my control and needed a much needed breather from it all

i had planned on one direction last night then changed direction this morning/afternoon

i decided to stick to the wooded areas and stay off the main roads for a change, and i am glad i did

the scenery is beautiful and i set up the tarp like a picnic blanket in this one beautiful open spot in a small nature reserve soaked up the sun and looked up and could see the moon of all things, i kept an eye on the moon all afternoon and evening

i met many nice folk walking their dogs and some of the dogs came up for a pet and a smooth and of course give me a lick-wash

i discovered that we are no more than ten [10] minutes from a water source i.e. brook stream and-such most being a couple of minutes apart from each other and some linking to each other

some water courses are man made [i need to find the history of them]

all water courses are clear an one [1] was virtually dry

i took 750ml of water with me and ended up filtering water from the water courses and filled my bottle up as it has been a very hot day here

i met a homeless lady who was surprised that i stopped to talk with her as everyone else passed her by, we had a good chat and we swapped phone numbers and she now feels brighter for her future, when i told her i was going to go in a different direction and changed my mind she said that happened to her too and i am the message she needed to hear

i do hope i have helped her with knowledge she can use and she can now get the help she needs and she can get back on track and live a much more normal life

i believe everything happens for a reason, and a chance meeting in the woods, it seems it is meant to be

i also freed up two [2] small culverts that were blocked

i also brushed up on my map and compass skills, which i surprised myself by memory of the three [3] point system that i previously posted about, i do have it written down just in case yet did not need to refer to it

all in all it has been a great day all positive and non negative points

Last edited:

Condex

Life Member
Jul 19, 2004
Back in BARRY, AFTER 20 yrs in Asia
i finally had enough of RL after recent events beyond my control and needed a much needed breather from it all

i had planned on one direction last night then changed direction this morning/afternoon

i decided to stick to the wooded areas and stay off the main roads for a change, and i am glad i did

the scenery is beautiful and i set up the tarp like a picnic blanket in this one beautiful open spot in a small nature reserve soaked up the sun and looked up and could see the moon of all things, i kept an eye on the moon all afternoon and evening

i met many nice folk walking their dogs and some of the dogs came up for a pet and a smooth and of course give me a lick-wash

i discovered that we are no more than ten [10] minutes from a water source i.e. brook stream and-such most being a couple of minutes apart from each other and some linking to each other

some water courses are man made [i need to find the history of them]

all water courses are clear an one [1] was virtually dry

i took 750ml of water with me and ended up filtering water from the water courses and filled my bottle up as it has been a very hot day here

i met a homeless lady who was surprised that i stopped to talk with her as everyone else passed her by, we had a good chat and we swapped phone numbers and she now feels brighter for her future, when i told her i was going to go in a different direction and changed my mind she said that happened to her too and i am the message she needed to hear

i do hope i have helped her with knowledge she can use and she can now get the help she needs and she can get back on track and live a much more normal life

i believe everything happens for a reason, and a chance meeting in the woods, it seems it is meant to be

i also freed up two [2] small culverts that were blocked

i also brushed up on my map and compass skills, which i surprised myself by memory of the three [3] point system that i previously posted about, i do have it written down just in case yet did not need to refer to it

all in all it has been a great day all positive and non negative points
Sounds like a Good Day indeed.
I too have been off the beaten track for quite a while. But in a differ way. I have been house bound for 25 months due to spine operations. But now getting out again and looking forward to walks in the forest again.
I did go to Llantrisant Forest by chance as a side track to an erroneous to get a different gas system for my Karina Cooker.
I decide to park up in main car park and try to go to a clearing some 700m up the hill.
I got about 300m when I decided I needed to rest. I had small tripod stool on my shoulder just for this. I sat down and almost immediately realised that stool was not stable and I was falling.
Nothing for it but go with it!!!
Next thing I land flat across my back operation area (replaced L4 vertebrae, nice new titanium one) across a Hugh tree root!
I swear if my back was not full of titanium bracing rods I would have broken it !!!!
As it was I was in a mess. Stuck in a back breaker over the root on my back and in agony.

Well I rested and got myself composed and breathing back. Then managed to roll over onto my stomach and off the root.

Eventually I got myself standing and collected my chair and sticks and decided this was not such a good idea. Bit to soon. Or late in this case.

I thought there was no one around but just as I had myself sorted a young couple appeared going up to same clearing and going they told my to stay the night and watch the starts, and other things I guess.

They asked if I was ok and I told them what had happened and that I was obviously not intended to go to the clearing to day and they would I hoped have it to themselves for the night.
I was calling it and going back to my car and home.

It was still a great day.

By the way you said RL but was not sure what you meant.
RL = Real Life !?? Or something else ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE